chapter 2

Lexi

God why do I ache all over? Stretching out the kinks in my body didn't seem to be doing shit, so I sat up and noticed immediately that I wasn't in my bed and the clothes I'm currently wearing definitely weren't mine. Oh no, this isn't Ryan's room either the second that thought passed through my mind the previous day crashed through my head like a giant emotional tsunami, closing my eyes I take deep breaths and pray the tears don't start falling.

The door flings open.

"Oh good your finally up, I wasn't sure if you'd be up this early, but, I've made breakfast and i have panadol in case you need it. I saw the bottle you dropped last night and if you aren't sporting even a small hangover right now, your stronger then at least half the men I know" he said smiling, stepping over to me and placing the tray on my lap.

I'm positive he can see me turning redder by the second, as I try hiding as much of my body under the blanket and tray as I could, see I have a little more sand to my hour glass then most the girls in town and it makes me, at times, a little self conscious, so being half naked in someones house isn't exactly inside my comfort zone, mercifully he doesn't mention it, not even a smirk.

Inhaling the heavenly coffee smell I groan, and take a long drink and simply say "thank you Charlie, how did I end up here, and if i may, where the hell is here??"

Logically I knew that if I'd be thinking straight I wouldn't have been nearly as calm, kind of glad for the vodka right now, well ok my head wasn't but my nerves sure as shit were.

Charlie half smirked at me and I expected him to walk out the door, instead he knicked a peice of bacon off my plate and sat gently on the end of the bed shaking his head. 

"Well darlin, when I found you early this morning on the roof you happened to have hit your limit and passed out standing on the ledge, I got to you before you could hurt yourself" he pauses and takes bite of the bacon slowly almost like hes trying to stall for time.

"You were ice cold and your pretty lips were turning blue" I raised my hand intent on touching my now smiling mouth before I caught myself "i Didn't know where you lived and I lived next door so I brought you to my place but, uh, you weren't warming up fast enough so I, uh, I thought a warm shower would be the best thing for you" my jaw drops no freaking way, nuhuh he isn't about to say what I think he is "I took off your jeans and shirt and put you in the shower" that last part was rushed out on a quick exhale.

I looked up from my coffee mouth agape and realised he was waiting for my reaction and maybe I was still a little drunk or his cute face was influencing me, hell it was probably both, but I found I wasn't mad at him.

"Thank you Charlie?" I'm not quite sure how to respond but as I watch his face drop I realise he was just trying to help me "i appreciate you looking after me even when you didnt have to" and throw him a reassuring smile.

"Why were you up there lex?" His question was so soft I almost didn't catch it. Setting my cup down I paused trying to think of a non-insane answer, I couldn't exactly tell him the truth now could I.

"Oh, um, right" shit "I had the worst day of my life yesterday, I found out something that I never in a million years would have thought I'd be learning" I can feel the tears slowly building back up now and I blink hard trying to repel the traitors "i just needed a minute alone a minute to breathe and collect myself, but, I found the liquor store first and the rest of the evening you know" trying to remain blaise about it is getting harder and harder.

Please don't ask, please don't ask, please don't ask...

Hes staring again, like his trying to see the answer in my eyes and just when I thought he'd press for more he nods his head pats my leg and says "eat darlin, you feel better after"

He was silent as I ate the rest of my breakfast, I'd occasionally catch him watching me only for him to look away like I'd burnt him. One thing was still bugging me though, I was positive that I didnt have a bra on and I was to embarrassed to check on my undie situation. I caught him staring again and thought I'd save us both the embarrassment and let it go.

After the last scoop of egg was gone he stood and took my tray.

"Bathrooms right through that door if you'd like a shower, I'll grab your clothes for you" and with that I was alone in the room again.

Charlie

Finding her up on that roof last night scared atleast 10 years off my life I swear to shit, I don't know what happened to her to make her think that was a good idea but it didn't look like she was going to walk away from that edge and that I couldn't have. Having loved that woman for more years then I care to admit, I'm fuckin ecstatic that when the alarm tripped I didn't just ignore it otherwise I dare say I'd be having a very different morning. And her body, god im still fuckin hard from feeling all her beautiful skin as I tended to her last night. Seeing her each week was like my addiction, all her tasty curves under her clothing was nothing compared to finally seeing them for myself and now the place in my dreams she haunts is going to get a hell of a lot bigger! Sighing I grab her stuff from the dryer and take it back into the room hoping to catch a glimpse of her tanned legs but she's already gotten in the shower damn, shoulda know I would be that lucky twice.

Knocking on the bathroom door I let her know her clothes are on the bed and I turn toward the kitchen to wait.

Waiting at the kitchen table for her to dress was almost more then I could take but I knew I couldn't do anything, couldn't open that door and take her into my arms and kiss her until she was breathless shit I need to stop thinking about this i readjust myself just in time for the door to open.

As she emerged I had to smile at the deer in headlights look she threw my way god this woman has the power to break me and she doesn't have a damn clue and she'll never know because I cant let her close, I couldn't risk losing her once she sees how broken really am.

I force a smile instead "how are you feeling? Better?"

"Yes! Thank you again for everything you did for me" she says with a deep blush I wonder how far that blush goes?

Groaning at my own stupid thoughts I think of all the bad things I can, trying to make my hard on go away. I know she's trying to leave but I'm enjoying being able to talk like this to her instead of the same mundane conversation we have every week but i can't think of anything to keep her here any longer.

"Stop thanking me I'm just glad I could help"

She thanks me once more before walking out the door and I'm left with nothing but a stiff dick and her smell lingering through my apartment.

Sighing I get up and get ready for work today is going to be a long day...