chapter 3

Lexi

Walking around aimlessly, I knew I couldn't dodge my home forever

I don't want to go home, I don't want to face my family

I know that once they find out there won't be a single moment for myself.

I hope that fucker gets crabs and chlamydia, hell every veneral disease ever documented! Maybe even a few new ones for good measure..

I wasn't kidding about my brothers, they're going to bury him when they find out what id walked in on. All five of them are either in the military or ex-military, noone will be able to find his body, not even a cadaver dog jacked up on speed.

Taking a deep breath I drag my feet towards my house, I can't help but think of Charlie, if never really given him another thought since I got with dipshit, but after waking up in his bed it's got all the old feelings creeping back into the spotlight. I jump all over them as soon as I think them and bury they waaayyy back down inside.

Still, the lingering thought of him won't disappear completely, I'm not a glutton for punishment really I'm not but there's just something about him..

Oh..nope..not happening...that bullshit needs to leave right now!

I almost choke on my thoughts when I spot the devil incarnates car parked in the driveway.

I smirk He must have a death wish

His car is empty which means the suicidal bastard is inside with my family, this day is looking up let's do this

I slam the front door open and stomp through the house "where are you, you fuckin bastard!" My family jumps and turns at my outburst, my brothers instantly on high alert, I'm pretty sure this is the first time they're hearing me curse. They calm down when they notice it's just me.

I find him on the couch cowering under my intense gaze. He rises slowly holding his hands out to the side like he's trying to catch a wild animal

Oh I'm wild alright and your about to see just how wild am fuckboy!

"Please lexi, can we talk privately for a minute. You left so quickly yesterday I didn't get the chance to explain things to you?" God he looks pathetic

Snorting I answer "so...you came here, to my house, and sit with my brothers thinking I'd give you the time of fucking day! Why are you really here Ryan?" I gesture to my brothers " do they know just how much of a peice of shit you are? Clearly not because your still breathing!" I'm standing right in front of him now almost nose to nose.

My brothers are suddenly a lot more interested in this conversation and when he realises he stiffened and pales but surprisingly doesn't back down.

"What happened is between you and me lex, no one else needs be concerned over this" his eyes keep shifting between my brothers and I.

His words render my brain stupid for just a moment, "ok let me get this straight....you did....what you did....and after i warned you what would happen, you thought that coming here, while my brothers were home no less, to plead your case was a good idea?" Sighing I shake my head "how did I not realise how fucking stupid you are!!"

I can see my brothers hedging closer and closer to him, waiting to hear the words that'll give them the green light to take him outback for a 'chat.

"LEXI!!" Oh fuck were dead! I freeze in place, my mother has just came home and seen the destruction brewing in my brothers faces knowing it's minutes away from exploding all over her lounge room.

She doesn't care that I obviously have a good reason all she cares about is that there's about to be a knock down drag out brawl in the house, in her house, and I'm the one standing smack bang in the middle of it all.

Must appease the kracken!!

"Mum, hey, how was work?" I turn smiling hoping to take even the small bit of ire outta her eyes, I fail, her eye brow rises ever so slowly and I know I'm not getting out of this.

"Where were you last night lexi? Don't think I didn't notice you not coming home miss!"  Damn it " and would you care to explain why your car is parked in front of the post office?" Double damn it, how did I miss my car parked right infront of me? Stupid vodka!

"Mrs elderton how are..." Ryan doesn't get to finish that sentence as mum turns to face him directly.

Anyone who knows my mother knows that when she gets calm and calculated that who ever is in close proximity is in deep shit. She hasn't said a single word in 10 minutes, none of us are brave enough to move or talk anymore, waiting for the storm to crash into us, even my big bad brothers have yet to twitch.

It always makes me laugh how these military hardened men can be reduced to scared little boys with one look from such a tiny lady.

"Ryan, I believe you are the reason for this current predicament, correct" he doesn't get a chance to answer "I also believe that your going to grab you things and leave my house in a calm and collected manner before I am forced to make you leave" he immediately grabs his thing are flees pffttt pussy "boys your on dinner this evening, your sister and I need to have a little chat"

Don't leave me here!! I throw pleading eyes at them.

I could have caught a whole legion of flies with how far my jaw drops watching them grab mum's bags and run, they're literally running, into the kitchen traitors the lot of them!!

I knew that even though they werent in the room every word we uttered would be heard. Waiting for the justification they needed, sometimes it pays to be the baby sister....sometimes.

Squeezing my eyes shut I wait for the reaming to come just shoot me it'll be less painful woman! So when I felt her arms come around me, shocked is an understatement!

That's all it took to make the tears come back and once it started it wasn't stopping. I'm not ashamed to admit I ugly cried in my mother's arms. what is it about a mothers hug that seems to warm your entire soul, that makes you feel like it's the safest place in the world? At the moment, I didn't care,I just needed her to continue holding me while I let all the hurt and pain out.

What felt like hours later, I had calmed down enough to sit and talk.

I started deep into her eyes, struggling to find my voice, trying to steal her strength. Talking was a lot harder then I anticipated..

"Ryan and I are no longer together" I whispers, tears still sliding silently down my face "I caught him in bed with Stephanie yesterday morning....." I shove my face into and hands groaning "god im such an idiot"