4

Iss shehar mein kitne chehray thay kuch yad nhi sab bhool gye

Ik sakhs kitabon jaisa tha woh shakhs zubani yad hua.

Life wasn't the same for Ruhi anymore. Everywhere she would go she would remember all those times Farzaan was there for her. It was quite true now that a person gets to know about the importance of things near him when the thing is gone and after it is gone the only thing left is repentance and guilt for not recognizing its place in life. Ruhi seemed as if life had left her all alone. Everyone loved her as before and she got all the freedom she needed but there was a hollowness in her life. Everything now consisted of her studies or her family. She would either be seen in her room or in the lounge only when everyone was around. Hamza and her teasings continued but it was only for the sake of not telling anyone about her heart's condition. She went to Farzaan's room a month later after he left. Everything was in the same place as his mother cleaned the room everyday by her own hands. She sat on the bed trying to feel his scent and saw his eyeglasses resting there on the side table.

She picked them up and smiled while touching those black rimmed glasses. She remembered his handsome face, the way the glasses would sit on his crooked nose, the way he would put the glasses on his head while reading a newspaper, the way he would glance her or glare her from behind those glasses. Her heart felt heavy and her eyes filled with tears.

"I am sorry Farzaan. I don't have any right to break your heart. Even if I hated you, I shouldn't have said such hurtful words. Please forgive me and come back to your Ruhi. You know I have changed. I don't go out anymore. I don't ask for unwanted things. I don't cry for my studies. I only want you back so that I can ask you for forgiveness."

She cried out as she talked to him.

"You know I feel my heart has betrayed me. Even my mind doesn't listen to me anymore. Since you've gone both are really troubling me. I think I have fallen for you. I love you Farzaan."

She said with a smile. Her tears were still leaking from her eyes but now her heart was at peace knowing the reason for her restlessness. Tou ye bhi wajib tha k akhir aik mankuha ko apne shohar se mohabbat ho hi jati!

On the other hand, Farzaan was also not in his best condition. He didn't hate Ruhi but he also couldn't forget her hurtful words. His heart was broken bit by bit due to her. He lied about his friend's hospital. He had come to Islamabad knowing nothing about what to do. He stayed in a hotel and would roam all around the city. His savings were enough to last him for a long time. His heart and mind were not at peace. In the first few months, he would go to his house and meet everyone except for her. But he had reduced the number of meetings after that. Knowing that he was at the same place where the dushmane jaan was, was so hurtful for him. After gathering himself together, he started his job in a hospital in Islamabad after some time and made himself a workaholic.

***************************************

Three years had passed since then. Ruhi had completed her degree and after much insisting was working in a college teaching students of F.Sc. Her parents didn't want for her to work but she was adamant that she didn't want to stay at home. Her parents finally agreed. Hamza was in an engineering university. He would drop her in the morning and pick her up when his classes were off. Life continued with its utmost slow pace until Farzaan came back.

Ruhi was in her room trying to make her lecture notes when a car stopped in the driveway. Her heart skipped a beat on hearing the familiar tire's noise. But she hushed it by thinking why would he come now. She sat down again but her heart wasn't at peace. After sometime she heard noises from downstairs. Being curious she went down and saw a guy standing in the lounge and all her family members around him. Her chachi cried on his shoulder and her mother was smiling while crying. Her chachu and father were standing beside him and dada and dadi sat on the sofas smiling. Hamza was standing at the door as he brought a bag inside. She pinched her eyes to see clearly and just then Farzaan turned around.

Ruhi's breath halted as her eyes clashed with his. Her eyes glistened with happy tears whereas his eyes were hard as stone. He gave her a glance, simply ignoring her and sat with his dada. She smiled on his ignorance as she knew she deserved it. Her mother gestured her to bring water for him. She went in the kitchen and brought a glass of water for him. She came forward and forwarded the glass to him. He looked up for a second and took the water while their hands brushed for a moment. Ruhi blushed while Farzaan was indifferent. Ruhi settled on a couch in front of him and looked at him every now and then. It was as if she was quenching her eyes thirst.

"Bhai you will now stay hear forever?" Hamza asked.

Farzaan smiled and nodded.

"Finally you took the decision. Now I will marry you off as soon as possible. All these years I waited but I won't listen to anyone no now."

Dadi said in her authoritative voice. Farzaan looked up and his eyes met hers.

"I am ready dadi but ask from the bride maybe she is still searching for a better spouse than me."

Farzaan said coldly. Everyone was shocked but Ruhi smiled.

"Dadi tell him that I am ready whenever you say. We should probably get the preparations started."

Ruhi smirked as she looked back at him challengingly. She got up quickly and went to her room. Everyone sighed while dadi hugged Farzaan happily. He was confused at her behavior but knew that he would get the answers soon."

**************************************

Since both are in love, now what will happen?

As the next chapter is last one so I think I would just skip ahead to their marriage and finally the happy end. What do you think?

Vote and comment. Stay safe everyone.❤