chapter Twenty Two

Josie P.O.V

I was feeding Quisha,when the door bell rang. I went to see who it is and it was Martinez holding a shopping  bag in his hands.

" Josie,this is yours",he said handing me the bag.

"Thanks,but who sent it?",I asked confused.

"I would suggest you read the note inside",he replied chuckling. That's weird. No one sends me gifts.

I closed the door,put the bag on the table as I finished feeding Quisha. I cleaned up the lunch dishes,carried Quisha out of her high chair and went upstairs to put her down for her nap. Once she was out,I went back downstairs to check my package.

I looked at the dress first,it was a beautiful maroon  low back body hugging dress with a flowery black lace lining. It also had a few stones around the Bossom. It was matched with black simple heels and a velvet black purse. The jewelry looked really expensive.

"Who would spend a fortune on a weirdo like",I thought out loud.

Then I remembered Martinez mentioning a card. I looked through the bag and found it.It read:

Hi Josie

Sorry,this is on short notice but i would love you to be my date tonight at a clients' dinner my company is hosting. (Not that you have a choice,hahaha). Don't worry the children are catered for. Be ready by 7pm. Hope you like the dress,I had help from Lynda.  See you at 7pm

Matthew.

I was speechless for a few seconds.

"Matthew asked me to be his date for a clients'dinner tonight,I don't know what to do.Not that he gave me a choice though",I told sherry over the phone.

An ear piercing scream answered me."Get ready u fool. The love of your life has taken a step in your relationship",she squealed.

"We are not in a rela.........",I defended.

"Whatever,make sure you tell me all about it.Love you. Have fun",Sherry cut me off and hang up before I could protest. Looks like no one was giving choice priviledges today.

I carried the stuff to my room and laid it on the bed. I dozed off alittle and woke up when it was 4:30pm.

I jumped off the bed scurried to Quisha's room to get her ready so that we could pick Toya and Leon. They will be so upset I am late. I mentally hit myself for sleeping and forgetting my babies.

Quisha was awake thankfully,I didn't have time to change her,so I picked her pacifier and blankie and we headed downstairs.

Just as we reached the living room,Martinez came in with the children.

I sighed with relief that he atleast didn't forget. The children ran towards us as I bent down still holding Quisha and hugged them.

"Am sorry I didn't pick you today,I slept off",I apologised.

But the children laughed and Toya said,"Josie daddy said uncle TiTi (Martinez) would pick us today. That you and him are going to a party and we are going to stay with....".

She was cut short by the door bell.

"It looks only I didn't know I had a date tonight",I muttered as I went to get the door.

"Jolliiieeeee",the children screamed as I let Jollie in.

"What are you doing here?",I asked as she carried Quisha who was squirming to get to her.