Chapter Twenty Seven

Matthew P.O.V

After the commotion Marion caused at my place. I was so frustrated. I needed to work to burry my anger before I lash out to anyone. What puzzles me is that my children seemed so scared of their mum. Could they have felt the abandonement and now hate her? But the look in their eyes was not hate. It was fear. They all clinged to Josie as though their life depended on her. And then they didn't want me to tuck them in at bed time. I am not the enemy here.

While I went to my room,I was tempted to listen to what they were doing with Josie but decided against it. If they had a problem,Josie would definitely tell me.

I woke up early this morning,I got ready and went to kiss them goodbye but there were not in their rooms. I felt panic rise in me. Could Marion have kidnapped my children?.

I reached for my phone in my pants but before I could dial 911,I remembered Josie. I rushed to her room and there they were. The four of them sleeping peacefully. I watched them sleep and fought the urge to join them in bed. I kissed my children and hesitated to kiss Josie. Last time I did it,I almost lost her. Just as I stood to leave,Josie stirred and looked at me.

"Goodmorning Matthew.You leaving so early again?",she asked.

God she was so beautiful,her morning look turned me on. Her hair was a mess,I could see the outline of her breasts through her pajama top. "Get a hold of yourself,Matthew ",I told myself.

"Yes I just don't feel like lashing out my anger on anyone here",I said sheepishly.

"I will call you later though",I added and I left.
Since I couldn't concentrate I decided to call her. We talked for a few minutes. It was casual talk but it helped calm me down. Her voice had the soothing element in it. 

"Hi man,what's Poppin?",Benjamin said as he entered my office without knocking as usual.

We talked for some time. I told him about the Marion saga and he advised that I seek a restraining order on her,around me,Josie and the children. I didn't give it alot of thought because I know she wouldn't be back after the warning I gave her. Me,lynda and Benjamin had lunch together which was basically about them teasing me about Josie,telling me to give it try,blah blah blah.

The day was going on well until,the receptionist on the first floor called telling me 'my wife' Marion was here to see me. I obviously denied her access. Through my security cameras I could see throwing a fit,cursing at the security men who came to escort her out and threatening to sue for custody.

When she mentioned custody,I felt the anger rising again. I had no control over my body,my hands clenched into fists and as I stood to go meet Marion,I was met by Lynda and Benjamin who calmed me. Benjamin offered to escort me home. When I saw my children in one piece,the anger was all washed away. We had a quiet evening. Benjamin ofcourse told Josie about Marion's threats. She was beyond furious. I wonder why though.

The next days went by with Marion coming over to my building,being denied access and throwing fits. I was getting used to it. My children were safe because I had called the school and told them it was only me to pick them up. Yes,Not even Josie. Women can easily impersonate fellow women. 

Then a job came up abroad and I knew just the person to help me,Josie. Problem is how I will convince her to leave the children. She just wants to be around them 24/7 and we cannot travel with them. I knew the solution.

"Hey am home",I called out as I entered the house. And ofcourse I was attacked by little beings all struggling to be held.

Then there she was gorgeous as ever as she held a squirming Quisha to me. I just wanted to kiss her. Her shorts were not doing any justice to me. Dammmnnn why does she have to be so perfect.

"How have my favorites been?",I greeted.

Josie was a little taken back as though she wasn't sure she was included in the greeting. I don't know what came over me. I winked at her and in an instant she turned red.

"Josie is red again",Leon pointed out. We all just laughed and Josie punished him by tickling him. 

We had dinner,prepared the children for bed,read bedtime stories. As we covered a sleeping Leon he muttered,"goodnight mommy and daddy".

We both looked at each other. Tears were on the brim in Josie's eyes,I shook my head signaling her not to dare drop a tear. Josie kissed him and then he added,"I love you mommy". That was it ,Josie cried ofcourse it was tears of joy. We turned of the lights and went downstairs to watch a movie.

"Josie I have something I would like to ask you",I said breaking the deafening silence. She nodded.

"How would you like to work with me on a project abroad",I added. She looked at me with wide eyes.

"You know your resume shows your the only one who can help me ,please don't refuse",I pleaded. 

"As much as I would love to. I cannot leave the children,who will take care of them. They need to be safe. Marion can.....",she said.

I cut her off by saying,"The children are catered for already. They will be staying with your mum for one week and then my parents house for another week".

She seemed to be satisfied and she agreed.

"When do we leave ?",she asked.

"The day after tomorrow. Tomorrow we will drop the children off at your mum's so that you have enough time to pack without distractions",I replied.

"Hope my babies will be fine without me",she said unknowingly. Then she realised what she had just said."ohh my God,am sorry for calling them mine,Its just that I am so attached to them and.....",she panicked.

I loved seeing her panic but gave her a reassuring smile."Its okay Josie. My children love you. Two of them are calling you mommy.",I told her ending my speech with a wink. She blushed profusedly making me chuckle the more.

She got up and ran to her room. I followed suit but ofcourse only wished her a goodnight.

The next morning, we got Toya and  Leon ready for school. I had to drop them and inform the school that Merijn would be picking them up for this week and next week Anthony would. They didn't want us to leave but after some explaining done by Josie obviously,they were excited. 

We  dropped Quisha over at Josie's mum's place. Josie gave instructions,schedules for the children. God,she knows so much about my children. I am not jealous,I am happy. 

The day we have to leave arrives. Josie is anxious. Its her first job in her field of study,her first plane ride and her first time out of the country. But soon she loosens up,sleep takes over. She leans on my shoulder. I can't resist the urge to touch her hair ,so I do. It was  so soft. I kissed her temple and drifted off to a peaceful slumber next to the woman I love. Yes,I realised I love her.

We've known each other for months but they were the best months of my life. And no,I am not telling her anytime soon she may not feel the same way. I don't know how long we slept but was awakened by the hostess shaking me that we had arrived.

I gently stroked Josie's arm to wake her.

"Have we arrived",she asked as she rubbed her eyes.

"Yes,lets get to the hotel so you can rest better",I said taking her hand into mine and leading her out of the jet. Mehhnnn,I could get used to holding her soft hands. No wonder the babies love it when she rubs their backs.

We got a suite. We had the same living space but different rooms. She didn't seem phased about it. We got to the rooms and she immediately slept off. I watched her sleep for some minutes,freshened up and also slept off.

We needed the sleep because tomorrow and the rest of the weeks were going to be busy.