Ch 14: Spying Shifters

After Celestia's proposition I needed a little bit of space. Celestia sensed it, allowing me to lie in her arms as she played with my hair and read a book, occasionally laying soft kisses on my forehead.

I thought about what exactly it was that we would need to do in order to unite our people.

I would have to convince the elders of my resistance camp that we should trust vampires, a race that has for thousands of years hunted and enslaved us.

Celestia would need to convince her people to put aside tradition and treat us as equals.

I would have to convince the humans to forgive the vampires.

It's a lot for two to do.

But if we get it right...

If we get it right...

"Okay," I say softly out loud after about an hour of silence of thinking it through, laying out all the options I have.

"Okay?" she asks softly, closing her book as I sit up.

"Yes. I will help you. But I will need to consult my elders, I'd have to call for an emergency meeting and that can take up to two months to do," I say.She nods slowly, sitting up."You will also need to help me prove to the council and my people that the humans can help us, what you have to offer," Celestia says. I think about that for a second or two.

"For instance we would help you use the caves," I say. She nods.

"In turn we would stop torturing, enslaving and raping your kind," She says. I feel surprised at her choice of words.

"That's the first time you've called it what it is," I say quietly. She reaches for my hand and pulls me towards her. I let her guide me into a straddling position on her lap.

I realize how much more comfortable I am with her.

Yes my heart races, my skin burns and butterflies tickling my lungs but I'm more comfortable with being so close to her.

"That is because that is what it is, and it is about time I stop it," she says, her voice soft, her eyes drinking me in as she raises a hand to brush my cheek.

"A-and we could donate blood, like giving a certain amount.. that can be discussed," I say, sort of forgetting my words. Her hands run around my waist, holding me. I raise a hand to trace her jaw with a single finger, my other hand resting at the base of her neck. She lets me touch her.

"In return we would protect you," she says, "our races would work together."

I trace her lips, which part under my fingertips. She keeps eye contact with me, taking me by surprise and elevating my heart rate as she parts her lips more, letting my fingers dip into her mouth. She bites them softly, her tongue gently brushing against them.

I take in a jagged breath as I remind myself to breathe.

"W-when w-would you propose this idea.." I manage. She kisses my fingertips as I slowly drag them out her mouth.

My heart is pounding.

"I will discuss it tomorrow with my advisors and those in the high council before announcing it to the masses," she says, moving in to kiss the base of my neck. My eyes flutter closed and I tilt my head to the left to give her more space, squeezing her shoulders. She works her way up, her tongue dancing against my skin.

I let out a whimper as she pulls away.

She chuckles, her gold eyes swirling with amusement as I blush deeply.