[Season 3] Land Mermaid!

The slight breeze makes a couple of Megumin's hair strands sway with it. Her cheeks were a light pink, her eyepatch wasn't there, and her stare was that of a young girl who was struck with one of cupid's arrows. Figuratively of course, Cupid isn't real.

Megumin: "Y/N... I love you!"

Y/N: "Huh...?"

A COUPLE OF HOURS AGO

"I'm hungry! I'm hungry! Y/N, feed me!"

You woke up to the demands of Mimi, the catgirl you had adopted the other day. Your eyes were squinting, but you could still pat Mimi's head.

Mimi: "This is nice, but I want food!"

"Oh do me too."

Y/N: "Understood."

You started patting another head, and since you were still not entirely awake, you couldn't tell who it was until your hands moved down from her head and poked her eye.

Aqua: "AGHHH! THAT HURTS Y/N, THAT HURTS!"

Y/N: "Oh, it's just Aqua."

Aqua: "Just Aqua?! I'm your girlfriend and you attacked me! You attacked a goddess!"

Aqua covered her eye with one hand while the other one was used to point at you. Aqua would have gotten some kind of revenge if Mimi wasn't on top of you enjoying her head pats. Aqua could feel that Mimi was stronger than she looked, so the goddess always kept her distance.

Aqua: "You'll pay Y/N! You'll pay!"

Y/N: "Yeah, alright. Come here, Aqua, and close your eyes."

Aqua: "Huh, why?"

Aqua went back and sat on the bed, closing her eyes and waiting for whatever it was that you were going to do. She felt something warm touch her cheeks, a kiss, she thought. Aqua quickly opened her eyes, seeing Mimi kissing her cheek, which was adorable to you but annoying to her.

Aqua: "Hey cat, get off me!"

Mimi: "My name is Mimi, you weird, alcoholic goddess!"

Aqua: "Weird?! I'll have you know—!"

Y/N: "You didn't even deny the alcoholic part... anyways! We got a long day ahead of us girls, and we got no time to waste."

Mimi and Aqua quickly broke off, paying attention to you as you explained how you were going to help Luna with a big quest, so it was best to leave as soon as possible.

Y/N: "Aqua, what do you want for breakfast?"

Aqua: "Anything you make is good!"

Y/N: "Mimi, what do you want?"

Mimi: "Food!"

Y/N: "Got it!"

LATER

After eating a nice breakfast, you now had to decide who you would take for this quest, and you ended up choosing Aqua because of your relationship with her, but also because if you find a dangerous monster, she could be used as bait.

Mimi: "I wanna go too!"

Y/N: "It's too dangerous, stay here."

Mimi: "No!"

Mimi jumped from her chair and landed on your head. You could feel the weight pushing you down, so you grabbed her like a cat and handed her to Aqua.

Y/N: "You babysit, okay?"

Aqua: "But—!"

Y/N: "Let's go!"

The three of you left the mansion, and Megumin seemed to be interested in the quest as well, wanting to blow up anything right now, so she waited for a couple of seconds before leaving and following your trail. Kazuma and Darkness were left alone in the mansion to do whatever they wanted.