Chapter 1

Black war horses galloped rapidly down the pathway, their holders urged them forward. They moved with force, the wind pricked their skin, the fresh coldness was unpleasant. Cold.

Deep charcoal eyes stared ahead with impassive danger. A storm lured behind those eyes. The Princess held herself tense. Her face was clear in the morning light. Her impatience was prominent.

With a sudden halt they stopped before a barrier. Soldiers were on feet, guarding the gate.

" Open the doors, we come in peace" Alaric, the King's adviser and right-hand man, voiced out loud.

" Identify yourself " the guard spoke, unresponsive. Alaric pierced him with an icy stare. He dismounted his horse with agitation.

" I said open the door " Alaric snapped in a cold tone. He didn't even need to raise his voice to have the guard take a step back. With his height and deep voice one could be easily frightened

" Alaric, let me handle this" Amora spoke, quite miffed at the wasted time

" Do not bother, he knows not to refuse us " Alaric glared at the guard. Immediately he lowered his head and hid from his gaze. Only now did he notice the Kingdoms symbol on the horses and the carriage. With a hand sign he permitted their entrance.

Amora was the first to enter the Kingdom. The pathway to the capital didn't take long, the capital was bigger than they had anticipated.

The folk stilled and stared. They immediately recognised them as someone royal. If the King's carriage didn't give them away, it was the dignified woman riding the horse as if it was under her every will and command.

"Alaric, find someone to lead us to the palace" Amora spoke, looking around. Alaric nodded stiffly and fulfilled her order.

By now news of their arrival had reached the palace. In hurry they prepared for their arrival.

No one expected them at this time. They were planned to arrive a day later.

The King and Queen readied themselves to welcome them into their kingdom. It didn't come easy, considering their years of rivalry.

Nevertheless, it was etiquette to welcome guests, more so if they were royal guests.

...

Soon after, they came to a slow stop. Amora and her soldiers stared at the royal couple, their face carried hidden malice. No one could hide the distaste that seemed to take over the atmosphere.

Amora was the first to jump off her horse. If possible her demeanor got even colder. From the corner of her eye she noticed her father descend from the carriage. She stood still, her posture straight. The sword on her waist band felt heavy after carrying it for days with no end, nevertheless she would never take it off.

The King, Amoras Father, stared ahead and without another word they began approaching the royal couple. The atmosphere was anything but friendly.

One could feel the enmity from miles. It was such a strong hate between the two Kingdoms. Everyone was aware of their relationship status.

Before anyone could speak, the henchmen announced us loudly,

"King Luthar of the Sodonian Kingdom and his daughter, her highness, Amora the first " A man in his mid fortys announced our arrival.

A stiff nod was all Amora delivered as greeting. She felt itchy for blood in their presence. Unconsciously her finger began drawing circles on the blade of her sword. She always did this whenever she had the instinct to kill.