• Chapter 25 •

We arrived back and Jim reunited with his mother. He introduced us, she seemed lovely. Amelia took a break from the voyages for a while, because her and Doppler were in fact in love. So much so that they got married and had four little children, Matey, Jib, Tilley and Sunny. I treated them like my little siblings.

Jim gave his mother the money for rebuilding the Inn and told her it was courtesy of a special friend of ours. I helped Jim and his mother along with B.E.N. and Morph, in rebuilding the Inn. I really felt like I was part of their family too now, to be honest we were all one big family.

Jim and I began to attend the Interstellar academy together. Several months after our voyage to treasure planet and after our first long day of work we were going back to the newly reopened Inn, escorted by two officers, for dramatic effect.

"You ready to go in and see the new Inn, fully functional? And for everyone to see us in our dapper uniforms, of course?" I asked Jim.

"Ready as ever, (Y/n)" Jim smiled and took my hand.

The two officers opened up the front door and stepped aside to reveal Jim and I to everyone. Everyone cheered as we walked in, I presumed it was because, you know, we actually both survived our first day at the academy. 

We both looked at each other, shrugged at the same time and laughed. The place was wonderful with music playing and people dancing. The whole gang was there, except Silver, but there's no doubt about seeing him again one day. Amelia and Doppler brought all the little kiddos and Morph was over playing with them.

B.E.N. was for some reason the one serving cakes, I mean I am clumsy but I would've not trusted B.E.N. with that job. Jim's mother, Sarah was helping out and making sure everyone was having a good time.

Jim and I chatted with everyone for a while, people mostly asking about what we thought of the academy or asking how we felt about the Inn reopening. The whole atmosphere of the night was fun and upbeat.

We were standing with B.E.N. and I had to ask, "B.E.N.? I've wanted to ask ever since you regained your memory, but out of curiosity, were you ever dancing with an android named Lupe?" I laughed.

"What are you talking about? I think maybe you've lost your mind!" B.E.N. replied.

Jim and I started to laugh uncontrollably together. Ever since B.E.N. had talked about an android named Lupe back on treasure planet, it had became somewhat of an inside joke. Every time one of us talked about it, we both just couldn't stop laughing.

"Speaking of dancing, (Y/n), May I have this dance?" Jim asked, putting out his hand. "Just, don't judge me, i'm not any good at dancing." He whispered.

"Neither am I! Let's do it!" I grabbed his hand, and ran to the middle of the floor.

We swung around with each other, and I don't think we were actually too bad at it. Amelia and Doppler began dancing alongside us and eventually loads of other people found partners and began dancing. Jim twirled me around and caught me in his arms, in a bit of a dip.

"I thought you said you weren't any good at this?" I said breathing heavily.

"I guess you learn something new every day, you're not so bad yourself." He winked at me, and you guessed it...I blushed.

The fast, loud music ended and became slower, people began to disperse and chat again. Jim and I separated ourselves from everyone and sat out on the roof of the Inn, staring up at the stars.

"You know, after talking about the android named Lupe again, it's weird to think about how long ago the whole treasure planet ordeal was." Jim said, still staring up at the sky.

"Yeah it really is. It honestly feels like it was just yesterday, we were washing the dishes for Silver. Imagine that, we've gone from cabin boy and girl to attendees of the interstellar academy." I said the last part in a fake posh voice.

Jim chuckled, "It's nice though, a whole new chapter in our lives. I think your parents would be proud of you."

"I think so too." I smiled at the thought of them.

I didn't feel as sad thinking about my parents anymore. It was more of a warm feeling, knowing that they're there for me. I'm nearly entirely sure, those warm feelings were all courtesy of both Amelia and Silver.

"(Y/n), I'm going to ask this, don't make a joke out of it. You do that with a lot of things." Jim laughed.

"Go ahead, I promise I won't joke around. Pinky promise." I said, as Jim and I linked pinkies and kisses our thumbs.

Jim took a deep breath, I restrained myself from making a joke about it. "(Y/n), we've known each other for quite a while now." Jim said, I nodded in response. "And we both get along and really like each other-"

I instinctively interrupted him with a sarcastic comment, "Bold of you to assume-" Jim put his finger on my lips and told me to shush. "Oh yeah sorry, my bad." I laughed.

"Anyway, as I was saying...ok you know what i'm going to stop rambling, i'm beginning to sound like B.E.N. So, (Y/n) will you be my girlfriend?" Jim asked, which I was so happy to hear.

"Uh is that even a question? Yes!" I wrapped my arms around him.

"(Y/n), you promised no jokes!" Jim yelled.

I pulled away from him and faced him. "Jim, i'm not joking..." I smiled.

A look of realisation washed over Jim's face, which quickly turned to a smile. "Oh!"

"I can't believe you'd think I wouldn't take my pinky promises seriously!" I joked. "And you've already asked your question, so i'm allowed to make jokes." I poked him.

"I wouldn't have it any other way" He chuckled, and placed his hand on my face.

He leaned in slowly, and I began leaning closer. Then Jim closed the gap between us with a tender kiss. We we pulled apart, and lingered in the moment as long as we could.

We eventually pulled away from each other and were looking up at the clouds and the stars once more. Jim put his arm around me, he pointed out a cloud without saying anything. Even though he hadn't told me what he thought it looked like, I knew. It looked like Silver. Jim and I looked at each other and smiled.

We sat together, neither of us speaking, just listening to the music and noise from inside the  Inn and stargazing for the rest of the night.

(A/n) So that brings this story to an end, but do not fret.

So basically I was thinking about it and it also got suggested by @amypingu. I might possibly do a sequel. It would somewhat follow the plot of the canceled, 'Treasure Planet II'. So if that's something you'd would be interested in, do let me know.

edit: The first chapter of the sequel is posted :)

Thank you so much for reading this. I hope you enjoyed it.

Stay Happy, stay healthy and have a nice life.

~VioletMoon