9. The Family Grew... Again

I don't know what happened after C.J.'s tennis practice, but A.J. came home happier than usual.

I was sitting on the couch with my cousin Carson. We were watching some stupid show about mom's arguing about whose son cooks better. "Moms' Got Taste" or something.

"Britt, we're meeting in the boys' room." Steve trotted over to me and leaped on my lap.

"Ok, I'm coming." I didn't really want to leave. Carson and I were having a battle of the couch. She wanted it all to herself, but I was sitting there first.

Now that I was off, she stretched out her feet and lounged the whole couch.

"You know, Dad's not going to accept that!" I sneered.

Carson just shrugged. Her eyes were still glued to the TV.

I walked upstairs into the bedroom. "So what are we talking about here?" I asked at the open door.

"Steve told me, Grandma was meeting us today."

I sat on the edge of A.J.'s bed while I waited. "So what's got you so happy today?" I smirked.

"Yeah bro, ever since you got done with your homework you've been gleaming."

A.J. smiled, "Granny doesn't like magic," he said with enthusiasm. C.J. and I were confused.

"And?" I started.

"Grandma straightened everything out with Granny. I think things might be different now."

"It won't be that easy," said a calm voice. We knew who it was. I saw a ball of light hovering in the room.

"Grandma, what do you mean?" I asked.

"Before we get into detail about this, I want to talk to you three." Grandma started, "You three have given me many names, but never seem to settle for one."

We all started glaring at each other. It was true, we call her Great Grandma, Grandma, Grandma Willie, and a few others ever since we could talk!

"Do we have to choose now?" C.J. asked.

We were greeted will bubbly giggles, Great Aunt Wilma whooshed in. "You don't have to worry about it now. Besides, we have bigger news for you."

"Am I approved to use mind reading to help others?" A.J. asked.

"You still haven't given a good reason to use it." C.J. replied.

"What's the news?" I asked.

The twin angels glanced at each other, "Your cousin Mason needs your help." Aunt Wilma said.

"We have a cousin named Mason?" I asked. "Does he know about our powers?"

"Of course, everyone in our family knows about our powers." C.J. answered.

"How do we have a cousin named Mason?"

"He didn't come over much," A.J. stated. "Uncle Brandon wouldn't visit much. But Mason started babysitting us three after you were born."

"Once he went to college and started his career as a cartoonist he didn't come very often." C.J. continued.

"He's not going to stay with us, is he?" I didn't mean to sound rude, but things were already difficult enough.

A.J. rolled his eyes, "That's a good question, but beside the point."

"No," replied our angel aunt. "But he's been away from his family far too long."

Grandma continued, "We've sent him here to spent time with his family, regain his connection with his family. You three must help succeed it that."

In a flash both angel disappeared. None of us said a word, but we knew what the other was thinking.

We heard a knock at the door, "Come in," C.J. instructed.

It was Mom, "Sorry to bother your lesson, kids," she started. "I'm going to go pick up your cousin Mason. Any of you want to go?"

None of us hesitated, we walked out the door, down the stairs to the garage.

At the door, we saw our Uncle Anthony, Dad and Ethan chatting together.

"What's going on?" A.J. asked. Dad was taking Uncle Anthony's coat and hat and placing them on Ethan. Meanwhile Uncle Anthony was wearing Ethan's clothes.

I heard Dad say, "Now you'll drive Ethan's rental to the airport once he sneak off with your car. Meet at the airport, you should be save by then."

I understood, Uncle Anthony was dressed incognito. Ethan was going to leave as him while fooling the crowd thinking our uncle was Ethan.

"Good idea, Dad." I replied walking out the garage door.

Dad replied quickly, "Thanks, I have a million of them."

Mom drove in reverse through a crowd of Ethan Wacker fans. From the window I watched "Anthony" walked peacefully to the car on the curb and drove away. Then Uncle Anthony (as Ethan) stepped out and everyone cheered and mobbed him.

"Hope Uncle Anthony will be ok!" A.J. said as wedrove our way down the end of the street and turned right.