❖ ten ❖

liv stood in the mirror, looking herself up and down. she wore a navy blue dress that was high in the front, and low in the back. kie had done her makeup lightly so it added a natural flare. she had also given liv a pair of black heels that went with the dress. and she had kept her hair down and let kie curl the ends.

kie stood in another mirror and looked at herself, 'this is disgusting.' she scoffed at the dress her mother had picked out for her.

'i know. it's just horrible.' her mother replied.

'i look like a bourgeoisie pig.' kie said.

'will you please not worry about socio economic injustice for one night?' her mom asked.

'mom people not three miles from here have no power, no running water, and we're going to midsummers. the only reason i'm even going is for liv.' she groaned.

'honey do you know hard we had to work to get into the island club?' her mom asked.

'yea mom, how could i forget? you had to grovel for like, ten years-'

'twelve. and we also had to cough up a huge amount of dough, and do you know why we did that?' kie's mom yelled.

liv walked out of the room and went downstairs to wait on kie, not wanting to hear anymore yelling for the day.

———————————————————————

liv and kie ran over to pope, 'excuse me sir. do we have to shuck these ourselves?' kie spoke in an english accent.

pope turned around, ready to roll his eyes.

'cause it might mess up our costumes.' kie laughed.

'we wouldn't want that no, would we?' pope did the pogue handshake with kie and liv.

'that accent was bad.' pope said.

'yea it was. i was gonna let it go.' kie whispered.

'you ever seen this many kooks in one place?' liv asked.

'yea. last year.' pope replied.

'we're in the lions den.' kie said.

'exactly.' pope shut the grill, 'hey. have either one of you heard from jj?'

'no.' liv said.

'he'll be alright. he's got the survival instincts of a cockroach.' kie added.

'it's my fault.' pope said.

'no pope. it's not. topper and rafe could've killed you, twice might i add.' liv said.

everyone around them started to clap, the three teens turned their heads to see the cameron's walking in.

'here come lord capital and the exploiters.' kie said.

pope stared at the crown on rose's head. 'she's definitely gonna poke somebody's eye out with that.'

as it started to get dark out, liv stayed with pope while kie went with her parents.

'liv. look.' pope said. liv followed to where pope was pointing and she saw a blonde boy standing in a tuxedo holding onto a platter.

'now way.' she whispered. a huge smiled formed on her face, 'jj.'

she started to run towards the boy, with pope right behind her.

liv grabbed onto jj's shoulders, spinning him around and hugging him.

'woah, woah, woah. hey livvy, missed me?' he asked.