❖ sixteen ❖

'how's it feeling?' pope asked.

'feels good.' kie replied. she lowered herself down with the pulley they were going to use to get the gold.

'john b pullin a houdini.' jj yelled.

'yea, where is he? i got my scholarship interview tomorrow morning, we gotta get this done.' pope said.

as if right on time, john b walked behind kie, 'speak of the devil, hey! dude i set up the entire winch to pull up the gold and everything.' jj yelled.

'no he did not, i did that.' pope corrected jj.

john b continued to walk into the chateau, completely ignoring them. 'hey!' liv yelled.

'ok, that's it?' jj asked.

'uh, what's that all about?' pope asked.

'i was gonna ask you the same question.' jj said.

everyone ran inside the chateau while john b started to move things around in search of something.

'you alright man? what's up?' pope asked.

'what are you looking for?' kie asked.

'bro what's going on man?' jj asked.

john b lifted up the mattress on the pull out couch, reaching in and grabbing the gun.

'john b what do you need the gun for?' liv asked. jj walked towards him and tried to reach for the gun, 'just talk to us!' he yelled, but john b pushed him onto the couch. 

'john b chill!' kie yelled.

'what the hell john b!' liv yelled.

'what are you doing?' kie asked.

'what are you jj now?' pope yelled. he tried to stop john b from going out the door, but john b just pushed him against the table.

'shit are you ok?' kie asked.

liv and kie both ran out the door after john b, 'john b what the hell are you doing?' kie yelled.

john b got on jj's bike, 'john b!' liv yelled.

'ward knows about the gold! he killed my dad!' john b yelled. he revved up the bike and drove away.

'john b!' kie yelled.

they all started to run after him, later stopping as soon as they realized the wouldn't catch him.

'shit!' liv yelled.

'guys what are we gonna do?' pope asked.

'i mean, he's gotta come back at some point, right?' jj asked.

nobody said anything, they all just stood there, hoping that the worse cast scenario wouldn't happen.

a few hours later, john b still hadn't come back to the chateau. they all sat on the dock, waiting.

liv whispered something to kie, then they both stood up and started to walk towards the hms pogue.