❖ eighteen ❖

liv woke up to see jj leaning against the door to the wreck, watching all the police cars drive by.

liv sat up and stretched, her back hurting from sleeping on the counter the night before. she walked over to jj, who wrapped his arm around her.

'do you think they got him?' jj asked.

'no, they wouldn't be out patrolling if the caught him.' liv replied.

'let's hope.' jj whispered.

'you know, we were in that car. they're probably looking for us too.' liv and jj turned around to see pope and kie walking towards them.

'well, if we're outlaws, we might as well help john b.' pope said.

'so, find him before they do?' jj asked.

pope reached into jj's backpack and pulled out the keys to jj's bike. 'pope?' jj asked.

'i'm gonna get gas for the boat.' pope replied.

'hey, you be careful. ok?' kie said.

pope ignored kie, and turned around to liv and jj, 'meet me at the dock at three. don't be late.' he ordered.

kie ran out the door after pope, 'ok, what is your problem?' she asked.

'no problem, officer. i'm just doing my job.' pope replied.

liv and jj stood right outside the door while kie continued to talk to pope.

'look, i'm sorry that i hurt your feelings.' kie yelled.

pope revved the engine on the bike, 'what was that?' he asked.

'look i didn't mean to!' kie yelled, pope continued to rev the engine over her voice.

'sorry, i can't hear you, what was that?' pope asked again.

'pope i'm being serious! i'm trying to talk to you!' kie yelled.

pope took off on the bike, leaving kie there just to watch him go.

kie started to walk back towards jj and liv, but soon stopped when a helicopter flew above them.

'who the hell is that?' jj asked.

'i don't know, but we gotta hurry up.' liv said.

liv, jj, and kie ran into the kitchen of the wreck, grabbing boxes to fill with food.

'you sure he just wasn't being weird pope?' jj asked.

'wasn't really the kind of thing that needed interpretation.' kie added more food into a box jj had on the counter. 'is that gonna be enough food for them?' she asked.

'it's a couple of weeks worth, and that's all they need.' liv said.

'look, i think i actually hurt his feelings.' kie said.

'look, don't beat yourself up too much. he's completely changed his feels. the past twenty four hours have been like jekyll and hyde.' jj said.

kie held open the door while jj walked down the steps with the box of food in his hands.

'i hate to admit it, but i miss the old pope. at least i knew what to expect from him.' kie said.

jj placed the box of food in the back of kie's car. 'where have you been?' her mother asked.

'i'm fine, i slept here.' kie pointed to the wreck.

'well, we were up half the night, scared to death, looking for you. were you even gonna tell us?' her mother yelled.