Five.

"I get back up on my feet again"

Esme smiled to herself as she watched the universe go by. From her seat by a window on the lower level of the Milano, she had a perfect view of the stars and planets that passed her as they quickly moved through space. The beauty of it all almost made Esme forget that she was stuck on an adventure with a group of idiotic criminals. Of course, that didn't last long. 

"Heads up! We're inbound." Rocket called from the front of the ship. 

Esme took her time getting up there. When she did, she laid eyes on one of the most strangely beautiful sights she had ever seen.

It was an odd shape, almost looking like it belonged on the body of a large creature that would roam the forests and jungles. Multicolored dust swirled in patterns around it. Glowing lights came from the inside. 

Drax read the girl's mind by asking; "What is it?"

"It's called Knowhere. The severed head of an ancient celestial being." Gamora answered confirming her suspicions. "Be wary headed in, rodent. There are no regulations whatsoever here." She added, taking a seat. Rocket listened and slowly flew the ship through what seemed to be the eye of the head. 

Once inside the group kept silent as they observed their surroundings. Buildings of all sizes stretched out all around them. Lights shone from almost every window and dirt streets weaved in between all the unusually shaped metal structures. The streets were practically covered with people and as Rocket went in for a landing, Esme got a better look at them. Some were dressed in colorful outfits while others were wearing clothes fit for a hobo. They were all bustling around going about their daily business without caring for anyone but themselves. 

"Hundreds of years ago, the Tivan group sent workers here to mine the organic matter within the skull," Gamora informed them as they made their way through the crowded streets. "Bone, brain tissue, spinal fluid. All rare resources, highly valued in black markets across the galaxy. It's dangerous and illegal work. Only suitable for outlaws."

As they walked down the street, Esme noticed more and more drunks appear around them. They must have been close to a bar. She kept her distance, thinking back on the times she had run-ins with drunk men. They had never been pleasant.

Peter made his way to the front of the group, keeping a relaxed air as he glanced around the streets. "Well, I come from a planet of outlaws; Billy the Kid, Bonnie and Clyde, John Stamos." He listed off unfamiliar names.

"It sounds like a place, which I would like to visit," Drax concluded.

"Yeah, you should."

Esme moved out of the way as a group of kids approached them. She smiled at a little blonde girl. The girl reminded her of herself. She was probably around the same Esme was when she ran away from her orphanage. 

"Watch your wallets," Peter warned as the children passed. 

Esme couldn't help but grin when she saw Groot grow a flower for the same little girl just like he did for Esme back on Xandar. The blonde watched with wonder and giggled when Groot handed it over. Esme ruffled the child's hair when she ran past her. 

Seeing people, kids, living like that made her thankful for the life she had, well, had up until she got arrested. She hoped that the little girl got a life that was just as comfortable one day and without having to steal to achieve it. 

"Your buyers in there?" Rocket asked referring to the bar they were approaching. Esme assumed that that was where all the drunks were coming from.