2

In all the time that she'd been with him since she returned to Korea, she had never said anything about his hair. (Y/n) thought about it a lot, though. Nothing about his appearance really bothered her, it was more the story behind his dyed hair that bothered her. She would be a fool to forget about Sangwoo's family issues. His beautiful yet flawed mother and his abusive father, that was what came to her mind when she thought about her friends family. It was never a pleasant thought, but it kept her grounded, or, kept her from starting to hate him.

     (Y/n) felt pity for Sangwoo and she hated herself for it.

     She looked at him, and she didn't stop staring, getting lost in her old memories of the two of them. He had been such a sweet kid back then, something must have happened while she was gone in Japan. He had this new hobby of embarrassing her, though, so he had decided to call her out on her staring.

     "Why are you looking at me like that? Do you want something from me?" Sangwoo asks, watching as (Y/n)'s eyes flicker from his hair to his eyes. She has this look on her face, like looking at him made her remember something sad. She had always wanted to protect him, or, at least back then she had. He was a lot bigger now, though. She felt so bad for him and she absolutely hated it. "Sorry, I was just thinking," (Y/n) fidgets, her fingers tugging at the end of the large shirt she was wearing, Sangwoo's shirt, talking specifically.

     He grimaces at her tone. It's soft, like a hummingbird almost. She always spoke to him softly like that, even when they were children. It did make him a little agitated, but that was only because he knew that she was somewhat angry with him. Of course, it was understandable why, but either way he didn't like it. Her eyes were soft-looking, too. He remembered when they were children she would often get picked on because of how small and insignificant she seemed. She was a shy kid, that was all, and nothing really seemed to change.

     'What could she possibly be thinking about? All she does is think,' Sangwoo thought to himself, rolling over on his side so he could rest his head on her lap. (Y/n) flinches at the pressure, as mentioned before, he was much bigger than her, weight-wise as well. He notices the motion, but says nothing about it. She had been nursing a sore leg even before he had kidnapped her, so he didn't find it all that surprising, his weight most likely caused her pain. He felt remorseful, obviously, but he couldn't find it in himself to lift his head up. Pretending to like trashy people all day really did seem to weigh on Sangwoo, (Y/n) had noticed that early on, however, like always, decided not to say anything about it.

     Sangwoo reaches up and grabs her hand, placing it on top of his head. He seemed as though he wanted her to pet him like he was some kind of dog, and (Y/n) wasn't exactly in a position to deny him anything.

     Running her fingers through Sangwoo's dyed hair, (Y/n) nearly starts smiling to herself. She knew it was something only a fool would do, but could anyone really blame her? Sangwoo had been such a big part of her life for such a long time. She had been so lost after her parents had moved her to another country. She missed him, if she were to be frank. That seemed wrong, though, so very, very wrong.

     (Y/n) couldn't tell what she missed the most.

     Sangwoo or her freedom.