VI-Calum ( II )

"MMMPPH!"

Calum couldn't move. He couldn't see. All he could feel was the cold against his skin.

Then, as quickly as it happened, he was back in the real world. But the few seconds in darkness had been enough to let the light blind him.

"Uuugh..."

The first thing he could think of was to draw his sword and get up. Or was he supposed to get up first?

He didn't get to do either.

His eyes still blinded by sunlight, he saw a blade swoop down on him in a deadly arc. He willed his Chakra into his arm and deflected it.

Calum got up and punched his attacker in the ribs. She was faster. She did the same thing Calum attempted, and knocked the breath out of him. Calum stumbled to one knee, wheezing.

"Wait..." He pleaded. The only response he got was a kick that sent him sprawling into the grass.

He couldn't get up. He was too disoriented to even feel the pain.

He saw the blade again. He realised it was his.

Calum used his Chakra to deflect it, but his attacker didn't fall for it. Instead, he was caught in a lock, his own katana gradually powering through his barrier of Chakra.

He finally managed to see his attacker. The murder in her blood-red eyes was evident.

He was going to die. There was no way he could keep this up.

He glanced around, wondering where he was. Surely she had transported them somewhere far away from the camp.

Calum saw purple fire burning a few feet away. No way,

They were still in the same place.

Calum willed more Chakra into his arms. The girl in turn forced Calum's stolen katana closer to his throat.

He recalled how she looked when he lit the purple fires. An assassin like her would be trained to hide all emotions, yet she looked surprised.

Calum replayed that moment in his head, hoping to find a clue. He then realized there was something else in her eyes then-fear.

It wasn't much, given who she was, but Calum was going to take whatever he had been dealt.

He yelled and sent his katana flying into the tree, punched his attacker in the face and ran for the campfire.

He had circulated his Chakra defensively, but he doubted the fire wouldn't hurt him.

Calum grabbed a bunch of burning sticks and swung them around. He then ran for his bag.

He glanced at the girl. Judging from her facial expression, he would have nearly two seconds before she caught up to him.

He punched a hole in the bag and got the container of potassium salt. He opened it with his thumb and poured it all over the flames.

He felt the heat sear his face. The purple flames left his eyes dancing with spots, but he could see terror in the girl's eyes.

The excess powder fell to the ground, creating more purple flames.

Still desperate and unsure of what else to do, Calum tossed the rest of the powder at his attacker, letting it pass through the flames.

She managed to deflect it easily, but her fear was now obvious even to the blind. Calum put himself between her and his katana. He yanked it out of the tree.

Heavenly Mortals-Act Oneजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें