Chapter 3

The water from its spring is beautiful to look at. I decided to sit on its side and touch the cold water. I am here in the park near our village. Trees and weeds are blown away by the wind as children play hide and seek.

It is sunny now and the blue sky shows as a beautiful weather. I was not doing anything so I hung out here first because I just wanted to refresh myself. I have been busy in the last few weeks since our mid-term exam.

Dylan has been busy these past few days and he has not even been able to text or call me. I sighed and checked my phone but there were still no signs of his response. I texted him when I woke up but he did not answer, maybe the rumor is true? No, it is impossible to happen!

I just decided to walk home and erase those things from my mind. I was close to home when I saw a black Honda Accord so I ran home when I caught my father taking care of my brother.

"Celestine," he said while smiling at me.

I quickly ran to my father and hugged him. He was busy with our own school, the Delmiguez International School and even though we had our own school, I did not want to study there. I want a normal low-key life with no one praising me for my wealth.

"So, how is your study?" Dad asked as we sat on the sofa while my brother played with his toys.

"Everything is okay. I am always good at every subject and maybe after this school year I will have the highest honor." I said.

"That's good news, Celes. Do you have any plans to move to our own school? Someday you will inherit that school," dad said.

"Dad, you know I want a low profile and we already talked about me transferring to St. Gabriel University, right?"

I explained and he just sighed as if he could do nothing to change my mind so, I changed the subject.

"By the way, how was your seminar in Cambodia?"

"That's good. Our school is getting a partnership with NICS and we may have an exchange student next school year," Dad said.

"If you really made your decision, I will let you go and I will trust you. If you change your mind to move to our school, you can talk to me." He added and I just nodded.

We talked a lot until mom called us to eat our lunch. I couldn't help but smile and stare at my parents laughing because of dad's jokes. I smiled and shrugged then continued to eat while my brother sat next to me.

The next day, I woke up early to prepare the things I needed for school. I looked at my phone to see if there was a message from Dylan. At night, when I got a message from him, he told me he was busy and I said it was okay even if it wasn't.

"I'll take you to your school, Celes." said dad when I got to the kitchen and mom was preparing our breakfast.

"Sure, dad." I said as I sat down.

"By the way, our mom and I were having an acquaintance on Wednesday night," I said.

"Really? So, I think we need to buy a new dress for you, Celestine."

"No need, mom. I have a lot of clothes I haven't used in the closet yet."

After that, we said goodbye to mom and Ethan, I first kissed mom on the cheek and we left the house. I got out of the car and stood in front of the school when I saw Dylan waiting for me to enter the school.

"I have to go, Dad. Be careful," I said and hurried to the entrance gate.

I greeted Dylan and we entered the school together. As we entered the room, I saw Jayson sitting near the window and seemed to be deep in thought, I just shrugged. I sat in my seat and arranged my things in the bag when the teacher entered the room.