Senior Year

"Y/n! Hurry!" My uncle yells. I run out of my room and grab an apple, heading out to my car.

"There you are!" Mattia says, kissing my forehead. I smile and we walk over to the rest of the group.

"We're seniors!" Avani yells. We all laugh and continue talking.

"Wait! Let us see your schedule!" Mads says. I hand them my schedule and she tilts her head.

"Volunteering Progam?" She asks. I nod.

"You spend the last part of the day there." Avani says.

"I thought I'd join the program since my mom did it." I say. They all nod and the bell rings.

"Homeroom." Josh says, rolling his eyes. We all laugh and walk to our homerooms.

"I hate this class." Mattia grunts.

"You literally do nothing in it." Kai says.

"I know, but she has the worst attitude." Mattia responds. I laugh.

"She retired over the summer." I say. He smiles and kisses my forehead as we sit in our seats.

"Good morning everyone! My name is Mr. O'Hall, and I'm going to be your homeroom teacher for the year! Please start by telling us your name and something about you." The teacher says. He points at me and smiles.

"How about you start us off." He says. Just then, Ms. Lakens walks in.

"She's selectively mute." She says, smiling at me.

"Nonsense, she can talk. So let's hear it." He responds.

"Just because she can, doesn't mean she will. I have known her since she was in the sixth grade, she hasn't spoken once to me. Y/n grab your stuff, you're coming with me." She says, slightly annoyed. I grab my bag and walk out.

"You five too." She says. The others grab their stuff aswell. We all walk out and see the other seven standing in the hall, waiting.

"I moved you all into my homeroom because most of my kids flex out early in the morning and I thought you'd all want to be together in the mornings." Lakens says. We all smile and sit at a table.

"Hey Stacy, have you seen y/n?" My uncle asks.

"She over there!" Lakens says, pointing to our table as she walks out of the room. He walks over and hands me a coffee.

"I grabbed you one since you weren't able to do it yourself." He says. I smile and give him a hug.

"Okay, well I'll see you all next hour." He says, waving at all of us. Once he walks out, Roshaun grabs my coffee and takes a sip.

"Bro!" I say, snatching the cup back. We all laugh and continue talking until the bell rings.

"So y/n, what exactly are you volunteering for?" Josh asks. I smile.

"I'm going to be helping at the art classes downtown. I'm helping in the kid's class because they didn't have a teacher for the kids." I reply, opening my locker.

"That seems like fun." Mattia says, kissing my cheek. I smile and close my locker, walking with the others to theirs.

"Can we hang after school? My parents are working late and I really don't want to be home alone all afternoon." Josh says. Everyone nods and they look at me, who is staring at my phone.

"Y/n? How about you?" Josh asks. I look up.

"Oh, uh, y-yeah." I say, turning my attention back to my phone.

"Breaking News:

Joseph Reinhardt, 46, was killed in a car accident Wednesday night. Joseph was driving under the influence of alcohol and ran a red light. The other driver was not severely injured, but was left with minor bruises."

"Y/n!" I hear my uncle yell. I turn and see him running over.

"H-He's-" I say, tears rolling down my face.

"I know, birdie. I know." He says, wrapping me in a hug.

"It isn't fair! He was supposed to get better and love me again!" I say. He sighs.

"Birdie, he was sick already. There no 'getting better' for him. He was too far gone." He says. I cry and the bell rings.

"You kids take the rest of the day off. I'll explain to the school that you were doing something for me." My uncle says, handing me over to Mattia. They all nod and Mattia picks me up, walking us out to his car.

"Bryce, take y/n's Jeep to Josh's house. She's riding with me." Mattia says, throwing Bryce my keys. Bryce nods and Mattia puts me in the car. I pull my knees to my chest and stare at the dashboard, fighting back ny tears.

"Baby?" Mattia says. I don't say anything.

"Gorgeous?"

"..."

"Love?"

"..."

"Y/n!"

"Huh? Oh, what?"

"What's going on?" He asks. I look down and sigh.

"My dad died." I say. He stays silent for a couple seconds before pulling the car over.

"Come here." He says, patting his lap. I crawl over the console and sit down, shoving my face into his neck. He strokes my hair and whispers things like..

"I'm so sorry baby."
"We'll get through this."
"I love you so much, you are so strong."
"Let it out."

After awhile, he lifts my head and kisses me, swiping his tongue across my bottom lip. I open my mouth and allow him access. Our small kiss becomes a make out session until Mattia's phone rings.

"Hello?" ~M

"Where are you guys? It's been an hour." ~Rob

"I needed gas." ~M

"It took an hour?" ~Rob

"There was a line." ~M

"Whatever bro. Hurry up, we want to go eat." ~Rob

"Okay okay! We're on our way now." ~M

"Good. See ya soon." ~Rob

"Bye Rob." ~M

"We should go." I say, attempting to climb off of his lap. He grabs my waist and holds me down.

"We are, but you aren't moving." He says. He slowly pushes my head onto his chest and starts driving again. As he drives, I fall asleep.

"I love you y/n. I'm so sorry this is all happening to you. Rest well mi amor." Is the last thing I hear from him before I drift off to sleep.

...........................................................

A/n: Happy 4th of July everyone! Sorry for not posting yesterday.