Prologue

Amelia was 22 yrs old and her nickname was Amy and lived in Alberta, she was 5ft 5ins ,short torso and Long legs, Slim but well defined muscles from all the Ranch work and riding Horses. Her Hair was very light Blonde and used to come down to her shoulder blades but she'd let it grow and it was now down to her lower back.
Amelia had German descendants from over 200 yrs ago so had a very natural Tan and with her blonde hair and piercing bright Blue eyes she was beautiful.
Amy was smart and Tough, stuck up for herself and knew what she wanted.
When she was ten she had just won a Junior Show Jumping Tournament and was over the moon, her parents and grandparents were so proud of her and as her parents were busy talking to friends her Grandparents offered to take her home with them and leave Tim and Marion to bring Amy's Horse back with them. There Son in Law Tim Fleming and Amy's mum was Marion Bartlett.
Her Grandfather's family went back 200 years, they came over from Germany and Amy had inherited the natural Tan of the Europeans, even in the shade if there was a slight breeze she would tan.
After 2 hours her grandparents were getting worried and tried to phone Marion but there was no answer.
So Jackson her Grandfather set off back to the Arena but half way there the road was blocked due to a serious accident. Then Jack noticed the truck and Trailer and ran forward.
The police told him that Tim, Marion, and the Drunk Driver were all deceased and so was the horse. Amy was ten years old.
Jack and Lyndy Bartlett adopted Amy
and taught her well. She helped and learned the Horse side of the business, She was a natural and had inherited her grandmother's side of helping horses.
Marion was the horse breeder and Lyndy was the horse healer, Amy had inherited both sides. Of course with a Ranch of this size they needed a lot of Ranch Hands, 20 for the Cattle and 10 for the Horse breeding. Duke was the Head Ranch Hand, he could be left to get on and run the cattle side as he'd been with the Bartlett's for over 20 years and Jack still did his share. The Ranch was one of the biggest in Alberta 600,000 Acres with 35,000 cattle and over 200 Quarter Horse's. The Cattle were split into smaller Herds which were easier to manage. They also trained horses for ShowJumping, Barrel racing, Roping, and of course Cutting horses for the Cattle Farmers. Amy concentrated on fixing horses and helping out with the Breeding Program.
Then just after Amy's 18th birthday Her Grandfather died of a heart attack, he was 20 years older than Lyndy and it was a devastating shock to them both, he was only 76 yrs old and had been told to slow down but Jack always ignored his Doctor and was helping with the round up of  1000 Cattle when he just dropped dead and fell off his horse. They tried to save him but there was nothing that they could do, even when the Helicopter arrived they were still doing CPR to keep the blood flowing. After the Funeral Lyndy and Amy comforted each other and although they will always remember Jackson Bartlett, they moved on.
In his will he left the entire Ranch to Lyndy and Amy 50/50 and if anything happened to Lyndy Amy would own the entire Ranch, but Amy hoped that wouldn't be for a long time as Lyndy was only 62 and Amy wanted her to at least see her first Great Grandchild.
Of course without a father Figure now and seeing how some of her male so called friends thought it would be easy to get into Amy's Pants especially as every boy fancied her, Duke stepped forward to show her how to protect herself from unwanted attention and Amy was a fast learner especially when she already had good strong muscle toned Arms, Legs and Core muscles. This came in handy while she was at one of her girlfriends 18th birthday party. Amy didn't drink Alcohol and some 19 yr old kid who was drunk took one look at Amy and headed straight for her, he grabbed her trying to kiss her then pawing her trying to get his hand inside her Jean's. Amy easily got out of his grasp and dropped him with one punch to his Jaw, all the boy's realized that there intentions were not going to happen and gave up.
It had been 4 years since then and Amy was now 22yrs old and as beautiful as ever.
She was 2 months into a relationship with Colt Evan's who was 23 and living with his Auntie, he was fine to start with but he wasn't happy about all the looks she kept getting when they go out. Then he starts telling her how and what to wear, like short Skirts and high heels with a low cut top. Amy explains to him that she will get starred at even more and the other problem is that she doesn't Dress like a slut and has no need to.
He then starts to leave bruises on her arms where he keeps grabbing her trying to force himself on her which as she told him they haven't been going out very long and she would only go that far after courting properly and having a ring on her finger.
He then makes a very bad move and slaps her across the face.
Amy tells him there finished and Socks him in the face then walks to her Truck and drives home.
She tells Lyndy what happened and she's happy that Amy never let herself be controlled by someone like that.

To be continued