Chapter Six

While sitting with Amy, Sarah started talking to Lyndy about the Ranch and how lucky they all are that Amy's going to recover. Sarah then asks Lyndy about what would've happened to the Ranch if the attacker had succeeded .
Lyndy went to answer Sarah's question when she suddenly went Quiet. Sarah noticed the change in Lyndy and she had gone white.
"Lyndy are you alright"
"Oh My God, No, no no no they wouldn't do this would they, they wouldn't go this far just for some Land". Lyndy was mumbling to herself.
"Lyndy!!, what are you on about".
"The Realtor who came to see me a few months ago, wanted me to sell him the Ranch as I was on my own , said I'd have a nice nest egg to retire on. I told him I already had all the money I wanted and that my Granddaughter owns 50% of the Ranch so it would all go to her if something was to happen to me".
"What??".
"Sarah, they wouldn't try to kill Amy just to get the Ranch would they !!!!".
" I think we need to speak to Officer James ,Lyndy ".
Lyndy just sat there shaking as she thought about it some more, was Amy still in danger, Sarah was worried Lyndy was going into shock so went to get help.
Two nurses went to check on Lyndy while Sarah phoned James and quickly told him, he said he'd come over immediately and would bring the Detective who was on the case.
Sarah got back to Amy's room but there was no Lyndy, she went back to the nurses station and was told that Lyndy was infact going into Shock and they'd took her to an examination room which the Doctor had already done and given Lyndy something to calm her down which she was doing.
Officer James and Detective Harris arrived not long after and were surprised to see Lyndy in a bed in Amy's room.
Sarah put her finger to her lips and nodded to go out the room.
As soon as they were out she said Coffee and they went to the Cafeteria where they could talk.

Sarah explained what Lyndy had said and if they would have Amy killed just to get their hands on the Ranch which seemed to her over the top.
Jane said that she had worked 2 cases where that had happened where she used to live. Sarah asked the Detective where she used to live and she said she was Canadian.
James asked how Lyndy was and sarah said how she had gone into shock so hopefully she would be okay by tomorrow.
They went back to Amy's room and were surprised to find Lyndy sat in the chair holding her Granddaughters hand.
Lyndy looked at them with tears in her eyes and Just said "Would they actually kill her just to get there hands on the land".
James nodded.
"Lyndy do you still have his card if he gave you one".
"Yes, in my bag".
She got her bag and eventually found his card, she handed it over to James who showed Jane
"Well that name rings a bell".
James looked at her as if to ask her to expand her information.
"Oh sorry, yes this name was involved back at home but he's obviously using agents now.".
"We need to come up with a plan to get the agent to come back. Lyndy would you be able to handle it if we were to announce on the media that Amy passed away from her injuries to draw this person out".
"Yes,  what ever it takes, I'll help in any way I can".
"Okay, give us a couple of days to come up with something ".
"How is Amy, Lyndy".
"Doctor says she's stable and very lucky to be alive.".
They both said there goodbyes and left to work on a plan and check with Forensics if they've found anything else.
Sarah said she was going to head back to the Ranch and would she be okay now on her own, Lyndy nodded okay , so Sarah left.
Lyndy turned the comfy chair right up against the bed facing her Granddaughter, she sat back down holding Amy's hand and nodded off.

When Sarah got back to the Ranch the first two to come up to her were Duke and Ty asking how Amy was.
She asked them to follow her in to the house as she needed a drink.
They all sat at the kitchen table and Sarah explained how she was and what came to light before Lyndy had her Panic Attack. Sarah explained that only the three of them would know Amy was Alive but the News channels were going to put out that she'd passed away to hopefully draw out those responsible.

2 Days passed and Officer James and Detective Jane came to see Lyndy and explain there plan but would need her help in it.
Lyndy said she was more than ready to help.
James said that the News about Amy would be on tonight but no one could know apart from those she trusts without question. Then wait to see if they get in touch, if not they would need Lyndy to get hold of the boss  J D Werth about the Realtor who came to see her.
Lyndy told them that she was more than ready to do her part.
Once again Lyndy was on her own watching her Granddaughter when someone walked in.
Lyndy looked for a minute then realised who it was, her brother lived in England UK and came as soon as he found out, Lyndy ran to him sobbing into his chest as he held her. She hadn't seen him for 5 yrs, he was 10 yrs younger than Lyndy and she was so pleased to see him.
They sat talking when the News came on, Lyndy quickly explained to Matt what was happening so the death of his Great Niece wouldn't be confusing for him as she was in the bed by them.
Then the announcement came that Multimillionairess Amy Bartlett had succumbed to her injuries and passed away after someone attempted to Murder her.
It still made Lyndy shudder, Just the thought of what could have happened.
A couple of hours later Lyndy got a call from Officer James.
"Mrs Bartlett, we know who tried to kill Amy, the scrappings from under her nails had the DNA of someone on our records from the Database. I'll be over in a minute for you to look at some photos".

To be continued