Chapter 22: Where's Stiles?

"I'll be back soon," I said, giving Derek a chaste kiss as I headed out the door with my keys in hand.

After my emotional episode, we cleaned the rest of the loft spotless. That's when I noticed how badly I needed to do groceries. Feeding an entire pack was getting expensive... we would have to start a grocery fund so everyone contributed. Although having part time jobs and protecting the town and going to school wasn't an easy feat for any of us.

That got me thinking about college- which isn't far off. I knew I still wanted to go through to be a detective... and I wondered, not for the first time, if Derek might want to go back to school too. I could picture him as a cop no problem, I think he'd be great at it. Him and dad would work perfectly together. Because of course we would settle in Beacon Hills again. Scott would go to be a vet. The rest of them... I had no idea what the rest were considering. Lydia and Kira would become something absolutely brilliant. Maybe a lawyer, or a doctor. Isaac and Malia I knew didn't want to attend college, but I was really hoping to change their mind. Even if it was only a two year program or something. Something hands on... maybe a trade. Mechanic? Carpenter?

I pondered the future of our pack as I slammed the door to the Jeep and took a step towards the grocery store. I was pulled from my thoughts by a sound in the trees, the hair rising on the back of my neck. Somethings not right. I froze and spun in a circle slowly, my eyes searching. I slowly made my way towards where the sound originally came from- knowing it was probably a horrible idea. Isn't this where things always get good in a horror movie? They hear a sound, they go towards it, BAM. But I couldn't help myself. Besides- this isn't a movie. This is real life. Except that real life is full of supernatural creatures and assassins.

As I neared the tree line, I let my eyes glow and my claws extend, listening intently. I know I heard something, and I knew it was a threat. I could sense it. Whatever it is. I heard another heart beat not far off. Suddenly I sensed something behind me and spun around, a second too late. I caught a glimpse of someone dressed all in black. Something hit me over the head, hard, and then everything went black.

            *                            *                                 *

I groaned at the throbbing in my head, attempting to peel my eye lids open. It wasn't working. How many times was I going to get kidnapped? Wait, why did my head still hurt? I should have healed by now. Unless...

"Wolfsbane," I growled through gritted teeth.

"Oooh, you're a quick one," I heard a male voice sneer.

My eyes shot open at the sound. I should have heard a second heart beat in the room... but my senses must be dulled by the wolfsbane. I realized I was strapped to an old metal bed frame- almost exactly like the last time Kate kidnapped me. Hunter. I took in the man in front of me with a fierce glare on my face. He was still dressed all in black, his frame tall and thickly muscled. This guy was not to be taken lightly. The best way I could describe his face was, hard. His eyebrows were drawn low, shadowing his dark brown eyes. His cheek bones and nose were sharp, his face clean shaven, and his hair a short dark brown. He reminded me of some kind of bird of prey. A nasty turkey vulture maybe.

"What the hell do you want, vulture?" I snarled.

"Ah ah ah," he clucked, shaking a finger at me like he was speaking to a 3 year old. "I'll be asking the questions." I snorted and rolled my eyes. This guy was already reminding me of some creepy villain with horrible acting skills.

"Well?" I asked, when he just stood there silently. "Aren't you going to ask me some questions? Interrogate me like some bad Bond villain? Threaten my life?" I sneered.