The Talk

We were gone by morning. We drove in silence for about an hour before Dean pulled over on a backroad highway. "Let's go get some air and talk okay?" Dean said as he opened his car door. Sam and I followed suit. I had my blanket wrapped around my shoulders. Dean picked me up and put me on the trunk, "There, now you're eye-level with us. Kind of," Dean joked with a grin. It seemed to fall flat with Sam, who only rolled his eyes. His grin faded and he looked down, "Tough crowd," Dean muttered to himself. Sam sent Dean a glare for a moment before looking at me and taking a step forward, "Chris, what happened back there? In the shed?" Sam asked gently. "Was it one of the girls? Susan? Kate?" Sam pressed. I shook my head, "No..." I told them quietly. Sam let out a small sigh before kneeling down in front of me, "Chris, you can talk to us," Dean said. Sam nodded, "We're your brothers," Sam added. I bit my lip to try to stop it from wobbling. My vision blurred as tears formed in my eyes, their expressions turned worried. "I did it," I choked out after a few moments. "What do you mean you did it?" Sam asked softly, trying to make eye contact with me. I couldn't bring myself to meet his eyes, or say anything. I wish Blue was here. "Fluatur Aqua," I muttered shakily, holding out my hand. Water rushed from seemingly nowhere to dribble off of my hand and onto the dirt in front of Sam. Dean's eyes widened; Sam's mouth opened and closed a few times, but no sound came out. Dean was the first one to say something, "How long-?" He asked. "Before the party," my voice sounded small. There was silence for a few, long moments. "How did you figure out you could do this?" Sam questioned, looking away from the wet spot on the ground. "A book..." I told him. Were they mad? I couldn't tell if they were mad. I hoped they weren't mad... "At Bobby's?" Sam asked gently. I nodded once. "Is that all you can do? And... fire?" Dean asked. I shrugged my shoulders. I hadn't tried anything else from the book yet. Some of them had very... scary sounding ingredients they needed... Dean rubbed his hand over his jaw with a deep breath. Sam turned his head and looked at Dean for a few moments, "Chris, why don't you go sit in the car for a bit so Dean and I can talk for a bit?" Sam asked, looking back at me. I nodded once and slid off the trunk. When I opened the door I heard, "Chris?" It was Sam. I turned my head to the side, "You aren't in trouble okay? But please, don't ever hide this kind of stuff from us, okay?" Sam said, standing back up. I didn't say anything back, I just got back into the car and closed the door. All I could think as we drove off was I killed her...