3) Century Enemies

Being a principal was usually hard. Being a principal for magical teenage students was harder. Being a principal for magical teenagers who were fated to hate each other is pretty hard.

Being a principal to magical teenagers who were fated to hate each other when they obviously had a crush on the same person was hardcore in the worst way possible.

'I wanna go home. I wanna go home so, so badly' Was the only thought following Olive persistently as she let out a deep, heavy sigh as she leaned back in her office chair, opening her eyes to look at two of her arguably worst and best students.

Viola Tietmer, the fated Dark Lord. Easily recognizable crimson eyes and indigo hair, pale skin that was obviously bruised from the fight that had broken out between her and her other problematic student.

Sylvete Frichester, the fated Hero. Baby blue hair tied into two buns, heterochromic eyes in black and gray, and noticably less beat up in comparison to Viola.

She knew neither of these kids were bad, far from it. Both were good students, straight As, taking part in various clubs and extracurricular activities.

But damn did they hate each other.

"Do you either of you feel like telling me exactly what happened at lunch today?"

Both girls glared at each other from across the desk before resolutely staying silent.

Olive could do nothing but massage her temple and take another deep breath.

"You know you can't keep doing this, girls. This is a school, not a fighting ring. I can't help fix any of these problems if you won't tell me what's going on."

Viola was the first of the two to speak up, as she usually was. "Ms. Martin, nothing really happened. We just don't like having to see each other's faces in our territories."

Olive sat up in her chair. "So this situation did involve Miss Kumar."

Both girls went stiff as boards. Now they were getting somewhere.

The lady in question was Pari Kumar, one of the few humans in the town of Caped Cove and a beloved little figure. Little Pari, as she had been coined, was noticeably shorter than all her peers but was easy to notice in a room.

Olive couldn't help but let out another sigh. She'd been sighing a lot recently. That probably needed to stop. She just wanted to go home and see her fiance. This was tiring.

"I suppose I'll have to call Miss Kumar down here later. Month of detention and you'll be talking to Mr. Westerly for community service work."

"Please don't call Pari down here! She doesn't know anything about this." Sylvete pleaded, leaned over the desk a bit to look at Olive desperately.

Viola nodded. "Pari really doesn't know anything, we swear."

"We'll see about that. You're both free to go now."

""Ms.Martin!""

"Yes, Miss Tietmer, Miss Friechester?"

Both girls looked at each other and came to a silent understanding. Before Sylvete opened up her mouth again.

"Okay, we'll talk."

And the story that came after really made Olive want to just get into her car and go home, never to return.

[ Viola Tietmer ]

[ Sylvete Friechester ]

[ Pari Kumar ]