PROLOGUE

"Have some tea," a maid slipped in some tea for a boy with pale white skin, he didn't look physically damaged, but deep inside was hurt badly.

All the boy could manage out with his weak body was a nod, the maid pitied the boy, being abducted by second young master wen. The maid didn't understand why the young master wanted to take the poor boy from the Yunmeng Jiang sect. Was it because he was pretty? The boy did have very sharp and feminine features. But nonetheless, the young master treated the boy like royalty.

The maid left shortly after Wei Wuxian sipped his tea, his eyes lacking enthusiasm, he left the tea on the table. He staggered to the bed, and closed his eyes. He wondered when he would see Jiang Cheng again, oh to see his angry face when he suddenly appeared after sixteen years.

He wanted to laugh,

But he couldn't.

His laughter had left, as well as his mischievous and bratty behavior, his jokes and retorts, and his smile. Everybody had missed his smile.

To keep it simple, he just wasn't happy living with Wen Chao.

Yes, he did appreciate all the things he would give him.

The clothes, hairpins, food,

But no matter how much Wen Chao would spoil Wei Wuxian, he still never regained his laughter, nor his personality.

He was like a completely different person, so fragile and gentle. As if you touched him once, he would shatter like a glass bottle.

The doors suddenly slide open, "Wei Ying—?" he heard a raspy voice say, "I brought food."

Wei Wuxian sat up, but kept his lips pursed. He wasn't hungry, and had lost his appetite long ago. All he wanted to do was go sleep.

When Wei Wuxian saw the platter of food Wen Chao was holding, he shook his head, telling the young master that he would not eat, and laid back down on the mattress.

"My father told me to take you out for a walk."

Wei Wuxian quickly shook his head no, he didn't want to look at other people, he just wanted to be by himself. he had convinced himself that there was no coming back to his old lifestyle,

"It's not good for you, to be just sitting around our room." Wen Chao scowls, "Don't make this so hard for us."

Wei Wuxian sighed, and lazily got out of bed and trotted to the door. Wen Chao raises his eyebrow in confusion, "You aren't going out like that, are you?"

He hasn't looked at his reflection in awhile, but he doesn't really care. Why bother when there's nobody to chase in a room?

Wen Chao had a brush in one hand, as he fixed Wei Wuxian's clothes with the other. "Come," he says, as he sits on the bed, waiting for Wei Wuxian to sit on the floor so he could comb his hair. Wei Wuxian obeyed, and let the latter comb his hair.

Three minutes in, Wen Chao interrupts the silence.

"It's been sixteen years already, when are you planning to accept my proposal? I don't want to delay it even further."