YOUR PROPOSAL AND MY PROMISE

"It's been sixteen years already, when are you planning to accept my proposal? I don't want to delay it even further."

"no," Wei Wuxian mutters.

"No? Why not?" Wen Chao exclaims, flabbergasted, "Sixteen years i have waited, Wei Ying. Yet you still—!"

"No means no. I've been abducted by you, and I have never seen family or friends since. What else do you want?"

"You—! How dare you talk back!" Wen Chao furiously tugs on Wei Wuxian's hair with the comb.

"I've been so good to you, and yet you still play hard to get?"

Wei Wuxian hisses in pain, and Wen Chao realizes what he's doing. His eyes full of worry and regret, "Wei Ying, I really didn't mean it.."

"Let's go on the walk, okay?" Wen Chao basically drags Wei Wuxian outside.

Wen Chao takes out a hood that hides Wei Wuxian's face, so nobody noticed the man that has been missing for sixteen years.

The tree branches flickered, and wind flew past them, the breeze slightly dabbing Wei Ying's face, it's been awhile since he's been outside, it makes the corners of Wei Ying's mouth curve towards the sky. 'At Least it wasn't forced this time' Wei Ying murmurs, making sure Wen Chao didn't hear him, he didn't want the poor boy's doings to be in vain, (although they were).

"Are we traveling outside of Nightless City?"

"We are."

Even though it's been sixteen years since he's taken the boy from Yunmeng, and the boy refuses to smile, and refuses to look at him. He's lost his bravery and arrogance that made the Second Young Master Wen fall in deep love with Wei Ying. Wen Chao was losing hope, what if he couldn't make Wei Ying smile again? What if the boy he's known to love was all gone?

He didn't want this gloomy Wei Ying.

But then again, he at least has a brain to know that he can't just order Wei Ying to be back to normal again. At least he has some morals.

"Wei Ying, is there anywhere you wish to go?" Wen Chao asks, and immediately smiles when Wei Ying's eyes shimmer with hope. I mean, this is the least the Young Master could do to make his soon-to-be wife happy- for now.

Wen Ruohan, Wen Chao's demanding and power hungry father ordered Wen Chao to suck up to Wei Ying and make him happy, so Wen Ruohan could shut off all of the Yunmeng and Lan soldiers coming in and demanding for the boy who disappeared. Rumor has it that Yunmeng and Lan soldiers come here and there demanding for Wei Ying, or even clues about him.

Once Wei Ying agrees to marry Wen Chao, and they announce it publicly, Wen Ruohan wont have to worry about the Jiangs and Lans coming into Nightless city and demanding for Wei Wuxian.

"If it's not too much to ask for.." Wei Ying's voice trailed off, "Ying-er, what is it that you ask for? I'd be willing to take you anywhere, dear."
Wei Ying cringed and the nickname, but brushed it off. This might be the only chance he could see his loved ones. "I want-"

"But you have to promise me one thing." Wen Chao cuts Wei Ying off, "What is it you ask for?"

Wen Chao sighs, "My father does not want to delay our marriage any longer.." Wen Chao massages his temples, "For your own safety, don't get my father mad and accept my proposal. Agree to marry me; and i'll let you go wherever you want."

Wei Ying knew he was going to have to accept it sooner or later..

"Deal."

Wen Chao's eyes light up, "And, we will be sending you to therapy-"

"WHAT? So you think im crazy?"

"No, no, no.. of course not, Ying-er.." Wen Chao quickly denies, "Let's plan where to go, and organize everything tomorrow morning, we'll set off at noon." Wen Chao takes Wei Ying's hands and leads him back to Nightless City.

Once back into Young Master Wen's room, Wei Ying couldn't sleep. All he could think about was Lan Zhan and the Jiangs. Finally, after being so excited, he became exhausted, and resulted that he should get rest, it'll be awhile from Nightless city to Lotus Pier and Gusu.

A/N : wowie i haven't updated this book in awhile, but it's getting a lot of recognition so i might as well update it frequently. Hope you enjoyed this chapter! Can't wait for the road trip ahaha