t w e l v e | 4th of july 🎆

{ y/n l/n }
"roddy, i wish you would. you ain't gon do shit." i said, rolling my eyes while rolling the shopping cart down the aisle. "oh word? ight bet. don't say i didn't warn you" he said, laughing. currently, you were arguing with rodrick about how he said he would throw firecrackers at you tonight, for the 4th of july.

rodrick threw more firecrackers into the cart. "babe, we don't need that much." he ignored me, and continued walking down the aisle. "are you ignoring me?" i asked. i could tell he was holding back a smile, so i stopped pushing the cart and walked over to his end of the cart. "come here, cutie." i cooed, wrapping my arms around his torso. "aye, what i say about you calling me that? that shit gay." he said. i poked his cheeks "nigga, shut up. i see you cheesing." his lips tugged upwards into a smile and hugged me back. "man whatever, let's hurry up and get out of here."

we were at the house with music blasting. roddy and keefa were at the grill by the pool, cooking burgers, hotdogs, wings and probably more.

 roddy and keefa were at the grill by the pool, cooking burgers, hotdogs, wings and probably more

wint, bree, donbo and bird were inside playing 2k. i brought the fireworks out into the backyard to get prepared for tonight. roddy came up from behind me, wrapping his arms around my middle. i jumped, before turning around. "you scared the dog shit out of me. almost had a damn seizure." roddy chuckled before replying, "my bad baby, i came to check up on you. you need help with the fireworks?" he asked. "no, this is it." i replied.

"imma bring out the plates and shit, the food almost done." roddy said. "about time! i'm bout hungry as fuck, y'all taking too damn long." bird yelled from inside. roddy turned around and mugged him, walking inside the house.

we finished eating and now we were getting ready to light the fireworks. "nigga, why you got so many firecrackers? we gon throw em in somebody yard or sum?" wint asked. "nah, but now that you say it it's a good idea." he smirked at me. "um, no the hell y'all not. we don't need these white people calling the cops." bree came up from behind me and wrapped her arm around my shoulder. "period!! listen to my wife" she cheesed. roddy's eyes seemed to darken, tackling bree and sending her flying. i rolled my eyes and smiled, watching them roll around on the ground.

after about 10 minutes of them wrestling like
they were in a wwe ring, i walked over to the pile of fireworks and bent down, unwrapping one of the packages. i turned around to get roddy's lighter, but he stopped me. "unt uh, i light em, and you just watch." i rolled my eyes, knowing that i couldn't argue with him. i laughed as roddy quickly ran behind me after lighting the firework. we all watched as it shot up in the air and exploded in the sky.

we did this repeatedly, as i also took pictures with roddy, posting it on my story.

—we were still outside, sitting down and vibing to the music, as roddy went to 'use the bathroom', i heard him yell out my name

we were still outside, sitting down and vibing to the music, as roddy went to 'use the bathroom', i heard him yell out my name. "aye, bae!" he called out. i turned to look at him, only to be met with his phone pointing towards me, and he threw firecrackers at me. "OH SHIT" i yelled out. everyone scattered away from it, as i ran the farthest with roddy chasing me down, recording me. i went inside of the living room, plopping down on the couch to catch my breath. roddy caught up to me and finally lowered his phone.

he laughed before commenting, "whew, bae, i ain't seen you run that fast since we was runnin from the cops back in the projects." he joined me on the couch. "so you thought that was funny?" i heaved out, mugging him. he scooted next to me, "i'm sorry baby." he said, kissing my cheek.

he got up and grabbed my hand, yanking me up with him. "lemme take you somewhere, just us." "with these crazy ass niggas by they self in our house?" i looked at him like he had two heads. "don't worry bae, they know imma kill they ass if they try some shit. now come on"

me and roddy were now in his car as we drove for about 30 minutes, before he finally parked it and turned to me. i smiled before looking at him. "you took me to see fireworks?" i cheesed. "yeah, they look better this way." he smirked, looking out into the view we had. he took my painted toes into his lap and started massaging my feet, while looking at the fireworks. i enjoyed them too for a while, before deciding that i wanted to record this, to remember.

 i enjoyed them too for a while, before deciding that i wanted to record this, to remember

i stopped recording and added a caption, "🥺💙" and posted that on my story as well. we sat in silence, enjoying the music that was playing and each other's presence. after a while i spoke up, "roddy?" he hummed in response. "thank you" i smiled. he finally turned to face me and pecked my lips. "you're welcome. happy fourth baby" he spoke. "happy fourth" i said back, leaning back into the car seat.

////////////

i know this imagine was a lil all over the place, and i'm late wit fourth of july but i wanted to post sum because i feel bad for not updating 😭. i've been having writers block, so if y'all have any ideas fa me, lmk. don't forget to vote and comment. 💙