First route; 3. Right path

"Who created this place?"

[...]

It didn't answer. Looks like there really is someone behind it and doesn't want me to know about him/her.

"Did I really die?" I wrote down again.

[Yes]
It finally answered.

"Do I really have to play this game?"

[...]

"What year is it?"

[2019]

The same year huh? Guess it really isn't my world.

"Who's the president of America now?"

[...]

The system kept quiet. Whoever created this place didn't care about the details. I can tell it's not a world like my original one because this earth itself is solely created for the game. It copied most of the details from earth but it's not earth. Expect from few important characters of the game, everyone is nothing but a minor characters.

Confirming that was even easier.

"The teacher's information"

[The teacher of R.A.K school 1-D class. Age: 28. Gender: Female]

She doesn't even have a name. Compared to Yukino Riku's information it was just a small sentence that can be found anywhere.

[Name: Yukino Riku. Age: 15 Character son of a TIA corporation. type: Yandere, Popular, Manipulative. Hobby: basketball, dancing, playing games. Favorite color: yellow, orange. Date of birth: 6th of May. Hates dogs, untidiness and loud music. Studies at R.A.K high school. 1-D class student....]

The lists about him continued. It was very long but only the first few informations were needed.

Popular and Manipulative suits him perfectly looking from how he's good at adapting to the society. However what is a yandere? A japanese word?

I didn't find it particularly strange so decided to just ignore it and continue to observe him. He was concentrating on the teacher but strangely wasn't noting down anything despite moving his pen around.

Yes, he was pretending to be interested in the teacher's advise.

I also often did that to get on other teachers' good side. Back then I did my best to get good grades.

I found myself staring at him dumbfounded. Maybe it's because he was handsome or I found myself in him. The realization of him being a fictional character hit me and slapped both of my cheeks before concentrating what the teacher was talking about.

The clubs.

She said every student must join at least one club.

[Mission: Don't accept any club invitation for the next three hours. Prize: 20 points Penalty: -20 points]

Another mission popped up. What is this game planning? It's missions are destroying every chances for me to make friends.

The teacher ended her speech and left the classroom. Since it's only the first day she didn't get serious and left us to talk.

"Umm, Asuka-san? What club are you planning to join?"

Why is he starting a conversation with me off all people? Because I didn't talk to him? Because I was different? If that's the case then things will go really smoothly if I continue to follow the missions.

"I dunno"

"Then will you join the soccer club with me? Going there myself is a bit..."

"I'll politely decline" I cut him off.

This missions are guiding me to the right path. He was probably planning to take revenge on me for ignoring him by making me go to the soccer club with him. There's mostly boys and as an only girl I'll left behind. Seeing that he'll ignore me and I'll make fool of myself even if I do well in soccer.

Following the mission I'll decline his offer which might arise his interest in me even more according to the few romance novels I read.

As for why I read those useless novels; I needed a friend desperately to not look like a loner in the teachers' eyes, furthermore in my parents' eyes. To make a friend, each side must be beneficial from each other. I don't have the wealth to buy friends or a will to badmouth people behind their back which left me only one choice;

To share the same interest.

At that time I read a lot of popular novels among the girls to maintain a peaceful, beneficial and pure friendship. There's no way I'm going to tell them about my personal life so novels were basically my scapegoat.

"Please think about it till lunchtime. I'll be waiting for your answer"

"My answer will remain the same" I said after concluding the time. Mission will be still on effect by that time and even without the mission I won't accept it.

"Then will you at least eat a lunch with me?"

"Why me of all people? You'll be popular in no time if you hang out with others excluding loners who has no intention of making a friend like me"

I clearly stated out the fact that I've no intention of making friends and stay as a loner. But even that much of a refusal didn't stop him.

"I'll definitely become popular if I hang out with a beautiful girl such as you"

"Those are my line" I simply said with a small chuckle to lighten up the mood.

"I'm not joking. You're seriously really pretty"

Those words didn't really move me since this body itself isn't mine to begin with. Even if he flirts with me with that handsome face I won't give in that quickly.

"Thanks"

I'll keep using the famous tactic in the novels, hard-to-get. It'll definitely work since it's a dating game, not a real world.

Just as I was relaxing in my mind after called by a really handsome boy 'beautiful', a sudden mission popped up, ruining all of my mood.

[Mission: eat lunch with Yukino Riku on the rooftop. Prize: 10 points. Penalty: -30 points]

Rooftop?

But it's raining though?