Your happiness is all i could ask for

🍆🍆I DID NOT WRITE THIS🍆🍆

[your happiness is all I could ask for- angeljkoo]

[Summary]

Jimin knew it was bound to happen. He just didn't realize what would come with it.

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆

There's a well known saying that opposites attract, yet sometimes people could be too different.

Most days, Jimin likes to reflect back on the days where he and Jungkook were happy. Stargazing on the roof, holding hands walking along the beach, stolen kisses in the dark, and Jungkook whispering sweet nothings as Jimin cuddled into his side at night. Some days, Jimin can't help but think about the times where everything went wrong. All the fights, the screaming, and especially the tears that were shed.

Despite it all, he couldn't think of a time where he wanted to leave because his feelings never changed. He loved Jungkook.

However, he knew their relationship wouldn't last. Jimin just didn't want to be the one to end it. But Jungkook eventually did.

Jungkook had rekindled his relationship with Kim Mingyu, a close friend from high school. Jimin noticed that when he spoke about Mingyu his eyes lit up and his smile was so bright. Jimin's heart felt warm seeing Jungkook so happy, and that was all that mattered to him.

Even though they were not romantically involved anymore, Jungkook couldn't let someone who was an important part of his life just walk out. So he asked Jimin if they could still remain friends. Jimin agreed.

And that's how he became the best man at Jungkook's wedding. It was a beautiful occasion. The sun was shining brightly, guests were joyous, red roses were placed perfectly, the orchestra played a sweet melody, and the two grooms looked at each other like they were the only two that mattered at that moment. Everyone could see how strong their love was.

As the couple exchanged their vows, Jimin felt his heart become restless at the sight of Jungkook with someone else. Jimin had never actually seen the couple together, despite Jungkook always trying to include him as the third wheel. Seeing them like this now felt like a slap in the face.

After the ceremony came the celebration. The newlyweds entered the reception hall, greeted by applause. They then made their way to each table to talk to all their guests and take pictures, but Jimin was nowhere to be found.

"Have you guys seen Jimin?" Jungkook asks as he approached Taehyung and Yoongi at the bar.

Both say nothing, but Jungkook watches as Taehyung's eyes avert to his hands as he plays with the rings on his fingers.

"I know you guys know something. Just say it already," Jungkook says, crossing his arms.

Taehyung just shakes his head.

"C'mon it's not that hard, just tell me where he is!" Jungkook exclaims, getting more annoyed by the second.

"I can't! I promised him I wouldn't!"

"Can't? That's bullshit and you know it!"

"No, it's true I swear!"

"Tae I swear if you don't tell me where he is I'll-"

"He's at the airport," Yoongi blurts out.

"What?" Jungkook asks, taken aback.

"Jimin is at the airport. He's leaving. Going to America." Yoongi repeats.

Jungkook feels like he's been hit by a ton of bricks.

"No that's impossible. He would never..."

"We're so sorry Jungkook," Taehyung whispers, and yoongi gives him a sympathetic pat on the back.

"I-I need to bring him back!" Jungkook cries out desperately.

"You can't just leave your own wedding! Plus his flight leaves in an hour. You won't-"

"He'll make it if he leaves now."

The three of them turn to see Mingyu, who's holding his car keys in his outstretched hand.

"Mingyu I-you're not mad that I-Jimin he-"

"I know that you and Jimin are not what you used to be, but I also know that he still means a lot to you. So go, before it's too late," Mingyu says softly, placing the keys in Jungkook's hand.

Jungkook kisses his husband's cheek, mumbling a quick "thank you" before running out the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jungkook bursts through the terminal doors, eyes scanning the multiple rows of seats until he finally sees a familiar head of cotton candy like hair.

"Jiminie hyung!" Jungkook shouts, earning a few glares from people.

Jimin's eyes widen as he turns around, only to be engulfed into a tight embrace. Jimin didn't hug back, part of him still dumbfounded by the younger's presence.

"Kookie what are you doing here? Why aren't you at your wedding?"

"You left and I had to come find you! You're my best man after all. Now let's go back before we miss the cake," Jungkook says, pulling Jimin by his wrist.

"I can't," Jimin says.

Jungkook stops walking and lets go of Jimin.

"What did you say?"

"I said I can't."

"Why? Do you suddenly hate me now?" Jungkook accuses.

"No, I could never hate you!"

"Then I don't understand why you can't! It's my wedding day, the happiest day of my life. So why-"

"Because I still love you," Jimin whispered.

Jungkook's heart sinks.

"B-but don't worry. I know you're happy with Mingyu now. As long as you're happy, I'm ok," Jimin adds.

Jungkook eyed Jimin, and his unreadable expression made him think there was more to it. Jungkook held his breath in anticipation.

"But for now I can't stay here. I need to move on, figure out my life, and...get over my feelings for you."

"B-but hyung I need you here. You said my happiness is your happiness right? I'll only be happy if you stay. Please don't leave, I'm begging you."

Jungkook's eyes were glossy, tears threatening to spill. And in that moment Jimin saw a glimpse of his old Jungkookie. The one who never wanted Jimin to leave him behind. Jimin wanted to give in to the doe eyed boy, but he knew if he stayed, his broken heart would never heal.

"Maybe one day I'll come back to you, but right now I need to do this. There's nothing here for me anymore. I'm sorry."

And with that, Jimin walked through the concourse, and never looked back.

"Wherever you end up, I hope you're happy," Jungkook whispers, a single tear sliding down his cheek.
✨✨✨✨✨✨🥺✨🥺🥺✨✨✨✨

Well that was angsty,