Chapter 5

It was midnight and I was pacing my room anxiously. I'm sure my family was doing fine but I wasn't. I wanted my family near me, I wanted to know what happened. How was school? Were they okay? Did they earn enough money at Griffin's Palace of Food! and at Mr. Reed's house? Penny was with me, watching me curiously and nervously. I was still in my turquoise dress, but I didn't have my makeup on. I wanted to call my family right now. I wanted air, I was extremely bored. 

"Um, Penny," I asked nervously. She looked up hopefully, probably hoping I was going to bed so she could sleep. "You can go, you need the sleep," I sighed. 

"But it's my job to be by your side," Penny argued. 

"I don't want to have to use this word but...that's an order," I told her firmly. Penny nodded and got up. Before she left, she looked at me thankfully. When she was gone, I paced my room again. I know I might not be allowed to leave my room, but I had to know if my family was alright. I took a deep breath and opened the door to go out of my room. I looked down the hall and walked down stairs. Surprisingly, there were no guards stopping me from walking down stairs. When I walked down stairs, I saw a guard guarding the garden door. I walked up to him, he didn't seem to flinch when I walked to him. 

"Um, Officer? Do you know where the phone booth is?" I asked. The officer didn't respond. "Um?" I asked again. 

"Miss, I cannot tell you, it is too late, do you need me to escort you back to your room?" he asked. I shook my head, but I so close to tears. I needed to just try to call my family. 

"Please, I just need to call my family and make sure they are okay," I begged. The officer gave me a sympathetic look but he shook his head. I started to cry a little bit. "Please?" I asked again. The officer didn't move. I heard footsteps but I didn't care about them. I focused on the officer. "Do you have a family who is a seven? Or a family who so poor that they need your help?" I questioned the officer. "Well, that's me, I need to call my family," I cried. 

"Wait, you're a seven?" the officer echoed. I nodded he looked at me strangely but then sighed. "As much as I would love to help a fellow seven, I just can't, it's against the rules." I nodded my head sadly. 

"What's going on here?" someone said. I ignored the bell like voice and stared at the floor sadly. The officer straightened up and cleared the throat. 

"This young lady wants to call her family but it's to late at night," the officer told the person. 

"It's okay, I will take her to phone booth, you have done your job Officer...?" the voice trailed off as if he was asking for a name. 

"Um, Officer James," the officer said. 

"Thank you Officer James but I shall take care of it from here," said the voice. Officer James nodded and the man that was talking lifted my head. When I saw who was talking to Officer James, I immediately felt embarrassed. He saw me crying...eh who cares. He has to get used to crying girls if he's hosting stuff like this. I saw his beautiful green eyes and his handsome face. On  T.V he was handsome but in person...he looked amazing. Prince Theodore placed his hand on my back but I moved forward without him touching me. 

"Can you please show me to the phone booth?" I asked. Prince Theodore nodded and led me over to the phone booth. I tried to call my family but then I remembered that they didn't have a phone so I clicked my tongue and sighed. "I forgot that they don't have a phone," I groaned. 

Prince Theodore watched me as I sank to the floor. "I can escort you to your room is you want," he said. I shook my head then got up from the floor. "As you wish," he started to walk away. 

"Wait!" I whispered loudly. Prince Theodore turned around and walked back to me. "Can you escort me to my room please?" I asked. We started to walk back to my room slowly. 

"Do you miss them?" Prince Theodore asked. I looked at him sceptically. 

"Well, if I didn't miss them then I wouldn't have wanted to call them," I smiled. Prince Theodore nodded and chuckled. 

"Do you want to go back to them?" Prince Theodore wondered when we were walking up the stairs to the second floor. 

It took me a while to tell him what was on my mind. I didn't want to stay, but at the same time, I didn't want to leave either. "I'm here for my family," I told him.

"Oh, so not for me or the crown?" the prince joked, grinning. His grin was so captivating. I smiled and looked down. We were walking up stairs to the third floor. 

"Well, I didn't put my name in the bowl, I wanted to stay with my family so I could take care of them," I said. 

"What do you mean?" Prince Theodore wondered. His confused look made me want t to tell him everything. 

"That's a story to tell another day, but if you are wondering if I want to stay here, then...yes," I informed. He nodded and we finally reached my room. "Well, this is my stop," I sighed. The Prince nodded again. Before I walked in, he grabbed my hand. It was weird at first, I felt different when he touched my hand. 

"What's your name?" he questioned. 

"Riley Williams, your majesty," I replied. 

"You can call me Theo," he told me. I smiled and walked in my room, that was the first time I met Prince Theodore, no wait, Prince Theo. I changed into my clothes and went to sleep.