Chapter 1: Best Day Ever

Team RWBY, minus Ruby, plus Omni are sitting down to lunch in the Beacon mess hall. Across from them at another table is team JNPR. Blake is reading a book.

Yang(looking over Blake's shoulder): Whatcha doin?

Blake(closing the book): Nothing. Just going over notes from last semester.

Yang leans to the left and catches a grape, thrown by Nora, in her mouth. She then turns back to Blake.

Yang: Lame.

Ruby walks up to the table and drops a large binder on it, startling everyone but Omni, who had seen Ruby coming. On the binder is a label, crossed out in red marker, that said "Vytal Festival Activities, Property of Weiss Schnee". "Best Day Ever Activities!" is written and underlined in the same red marker.

Ruby(clears throat): Sisters! Friends!(blushes) Boyfriend!(deadpan) Weiss.

Weiss: Hey!

Omni laughs.

Ruby: Four score and seven minutes ago, I had a dream.

Yang(looking at Blake): This oughta be good.

Yang catches another grape thrown by Nora.

Ruby(ignoring Yang): A dream that one day, the five of us would come together, as a team, and have the most fun anyone has ever had, ever!

Weiss: Did you steal my binder?

Ruby(making peace signs): I am not a crook.

Blake: What are you talking about?

Ruby(pointing a finger): I'm talking about kicking off the semester with a bang!

Omni: Ruby! Do you know what you've done!?

Ruby: Huh?

Yang: I always kick my semesters off with a Yang! Ehh? Guys? Am I right?

Omni(facepalming): No, Yang. Just no.

The rest of RWBY looks at Yang unamused.

Nora(throwing an apple at Yang): Boooooo!

Yang growls at Nora while Omni restrains laughter and gives Nora a thumbs up.

Ruby: Look guys, its been a good two weeks, and between more exchange students arriving and the tournament at the end of the year, our second semester is going to be great! But classes start back up tomorrow. Which is why I've taken the time to schedule a series of wonderful events for us today.

Omni: Sounds like fun!

Weiss: I don't know whether to be proud or scared of what you have in store.

Yang stands up and throws an apple at Nora, but hits Jaune.

Blake: I don't know. I think I might sit this one out.

Weiss: Sit out or not, I think however we spend this last day we should do it as a team.

Nora(prepares to throw something): I got it!

Yang makes a "no" motion with her hands at Nora.

Weiss(standing up): I for one think that-

Weiss gets hit in the face by a pie, courtesy of Nora. The rest of team RWBY plus Omni stare at Weiss in surprise. The pie falls from Weiss' face and the groups attention turns to team JNPR.

Nora points at a facepalming Ren. Pyrrha holds a hand to her mouth. And Jaune looks worried.

Omni takes cover behind a large column as he watches the food fight start and team JNPR miraculously pile a large number of tables into a 'castle'.

Omni notices Sun and a blue haired boy standing off to the side and moves to join them.

Omni(standing between Sun and the blue haired boy): This isn't going to end well.

Nora(standing on top of the tables and laughing maniacally): I'm queen of the castle! I'm queen of the castle!

Ruby stands on a table and points at Nora with her left hand, she holds a milk carton in her right.

Ruby: Justice will be swift! Justice will be painful!(crushes milk carton) It will be delicious!

Yang/Blake/Weiss(standing behind Ruby): Yeah!

Nora: Off with their heads!

Nora jumps off her 'castle'. Team JNPR sends a number of watermelons at team RWBY.

Omni(watching the watermelons): Yep, definitely not going to end well.

Omni forms a Ward of Dawn around him, Sun, and the blue haired boy.

Blue Hair(stares at the Ward of Dawn): What the-!?

Sun: Shut up, don't ruin the fight.

The trio watches the massive food fight. 

Timeskip(brought to you by Ruby sending JNPR into a wall and ending the food fight)

Omni(dropping the Ward of Dawn): That was awesome!

Sun(looking to his blue haired friend): I love these guys.

Suddenly, the doors behind the trio burst open to reveal a furious Glynda Goodwitch. Omni, startled, Blinks behind Ruby, surprising her. Sun and his friend step to the side to allow Goodwitch through.

Professor Goodwitch uses her semblance to put all of the tables and benches back where they belong.

Goodwitch: Children, please.(fixes glasses) Do not play with your food.

Ruby grabs Omni's hand to calm him. Nora lets out a loud belch. Yang then falls through the ceiling. The group of nine starts laughing. Goodwitch glares at the students as Ozpin walks up behind her and places a hand on her shoulder.

Ozpin: Let it go.

Goodwitch: They're supposed to be the defenders of the world.

Ozpin: And they will be. But right now they're still children. So why not let them play the part?

Ozpin starts walking away.

Ozpin: After all... it isn't a role they'll have forever.

Back with the group, Omni walks up to Ruby.

Omni: That was awesome, Rubes!

Ruby: Thanks, Omni!

The two smile at each other and turn back to their friends.