Chapter 2: Welcome to Beacon

Teams RWBY and JNPR plus Omni are in the Beacon library. Ruby, Blake, Weiss, and Yang are playing a complicated board game. Jaune is reading a comic, Ren is reading a large book, Nora is sleeping on part of Ren's book, and Pyrrha is reading a book.

Omni, with Archive over his right shoulder, looks out the large window behind JNPR. He and Archive watch the Atlas ships flying overhead.

Omni: Something's up. There's no reason for Atlas to send this many ships.

Archive: Agreed, but let's not worry about that right now. You're about to have company.

Archive moves away from Omni.

Omni: What do yo-

Omni is cut off by a crying Ruby jumping into his lap.

Ruby: Omni! Yang destroyed my forces! Why!?

Omni sighs and hugs his over dramatic girlfriend.

Omni: Ruby, calm down. There's no need to act like this, it's just a game.

Ruby: But, but...(sighs) yeah you're right, it's just a game.

Omni smiles and kisses Ruby's forehead, causing her to blush.

Omni: Come on, I'll help you with your game.

Ruby jumps off Omni and smiles at him.

Ruby: Really!?(Omni nods) Yes! No one will stop us!

Ruby dashes back to team RWBY's table, Omni chuckles and follows her. The couple arrives just as Weiss starts her evil rant.

Weiss(laughs evilly): Yes! Fear the almighty power of my forces! Cower as they pillage your homes and weep as they take your children from your very arms-!

Yang(holding a card to Weiss' face): Trap card.

Weiss: Huh?

Yang moves rapidly and a dust cloud appears. When it goes away, Weiss' pieces are gone.

Yang(spreading her hands over the game board): Your armies have been destroyed.

Weiss(sitting down): I hate this game of emotions we play!

Omni and Ruby, who are sharing a seat, look at each other, to Weiss, and back to each other.

Ruby(whispering to Omni): Is that how I looked.

Omni(whispering to Ruby): Yep.

Ruby: Yikes, sorry.

Omni: It's fine.

Yang: Alright Blake, you're up!

Blake, who wasn't paying attention, snaps out of her daydream.

Blake: Huh? Oh! Umm... sorry, what am I doing?

Omni facepalms, Ruby giggles at his antics.

Yang: You're playing as Vale, trying to conquer the kingdoms of Remnant!

Omni(mentally to Archive): You know, this sounds a lot like that Risk game you once told me about.

Archive(Omni's mind): It does, doesn't it?

Blake: Right...

Jaune walks over to team RWBY plus Omni.

Jaune: Hey! Can I play?

Ruby: Sorry Jaune, we've already got four people.

Jaune: But Omni's playing.

Omni: I'm helping Rubes, not playing. There's a difference.