| ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ⁰⁴ |

( s2, ep 08  —  rose )

( s2, ep 08 —  rose )

.------------.

SHUFFLING IS ALL SERENA COULD HEAR AS SHE REGAINED CONSCIOUSNESS.

Bright sunlight glared down at her barely opened eyes from a partly boarded-up window serving only to exacerbate her already pounding head.

There was a loose spring beneath her, Serena realised suddenly; for a moment the sensation felt so familiar that she almost convinced herself that it was her own worn-down mattress that lay beneath her and not the poorly made sofa in a strange house that she now found herself upon.

Alas, Serena also knew she'd have to be delusional to believe the vampires that had taken her last night had dropped her home and tucked her into bed.

Having woken fully, Serena attempted to pull herself up into a sitting position but immediately found her wrists and ankles bound with thick rope that dug into her skin uncomfortably. Having looked around the room Serena spotted Elena, seemingly still unconscious, on the sofa that sat adjacent to where Serena found herself though based on the fluttering of her eyelids she would hazard a guess that Elena was coming around as well.

"Serena?" Elena groggily asked, eyes blinking rapidly to try and clear her vision.

"The one and only," Serena replied tiredly, still trying to loosen the rope around her wrists.

"What the hell happened last night?" Elena asked evidently still not quite with it, "Why do I feel like—" Elena stopped speaking suddenly, eyes widening in fear as realisation dawned upon the döppleganger, "Oh my god."

Before Serena could open her mouth to reply a new figure entered the room. Dishevelled hair and a slightly ragged look about him, the man strode into the room with a slight smile crossing his face as he looked down upon the two women tied up across from him. Silently he approached Elena, pulling her to her feet.

"Please..." Elena pleaded as he started untying her, "What do you want?" Upon getting no reply Elena attempted to plead again with the only thing she could think of, "Please, I'm hurt."

Clearly, this was the wrong thing to say as the man abruptly stopped his movements and looked at the younger girl with a gleeful expression, "I know. Just a taste." He moved closer as sharp canines emerged from his gums and black veins decorated his skin.

"Hey! Don't touch her, you creep." Serena blurted as he took another step forward, immediately regretting her decision as he jumped away from Elena and moved towards her, veins still visible on his face.

"Fine then, I'll have to sustain myself from you instead." He grinned and roughly grabbed her by the shoulders before sinking his fangs into her neck. Reeling from the sudden action Serena could only groan in pain for a moment before it suddenly dawned on her that now would be a good moment to siphon the hell out of him.