| ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ⁰⁹ |

( s2, ep 14 - crying wolf )

.------------.

ARRIVING AT THE LOCKWOOD MANSION SERENA COULD ONLY MIRROR HER SISTER'S LOOK OF EXASPERATION. In unison, they sighed and clambered out of the car and began the walk up the Lockwood's unnecessarily long driveway. What was it with rich people and making guests walk 3 miles to get from the road to their front door?

After yesterday's ordeal, Serena felt more like the walking dead than in any position to be attending 'high tea' or whatever Carol Lockwood had promoted it as to her historical society friends. She really could have done with another few hours in bed to catch up on sleep, something had not come to her easily last night, but Jenna's message reminding her of the agreement she had made to attend had crushed any dreams of making that a reality.

Reaching the home, finely decorated and buzzing with light chatter between society members and guests, the pair entered. Classical music of a kind Serena did not recognise played quietly in the background and the majority of attendees were split up in small groups across the large hall-like area Carol Lockwood had sectioned off for the party.

Thankfully, it did not take long for Sofia to nudge her sister as she spotted Jenna and another woman stood near the food table. Jenna was quick to spot the sisters as she beckoned them over with a smile, sharing a quiet word with the woman next to her who nodded along to what Serena assumed to be Jenna's introduction of them.

"Hey guys," Jenna greeted, "I see you convinced Sofia to join us, Serena." Jenna cheerfully remarked, sending a smile to the younger girl as she spoke, "Maybe you'll make this thing a little bit more tolerable."

"Oh I'm surprised as you, Jen," Serena raised an eyebrow at her sister who was upfront about her dislike for anything history-related, "Though I suppose the word from Mr. Saltzman about her history grade was convincing enough, right?"

Sofia could only scoff at the reminder of her sister's dirty tactic to get her history teacher to bring up her less-than-stellar grade in his class in order to convince her to attend the party so Serena didn't have to suffer alone, "I'm sure there's got to be some rule about blackmailing students in the handbook."

"That's brilliant," Jenna laughed, "Don't worry, Sofia. We only have to make an appearance and listen to a speech or two about the importance of remembering Mystic Falls' origins before we can escape."

The woman besides Jenna took a step forward at that, garnering Serena's attention as she tried to work out why exactly she seemed vaguely familiar despite the fact she was certain they'd never met. She supposed that was what came with a small town, though.

"Oh, hi! I'm Andie Star, news reporter." Andie introduced herself, supporting a large smile which became a dazed grin as her eyes connected with someone behind the group.