chapter 8

I nearly busted out into laughter when I reached the living room and miley was okay, not totally okay though, she was high on weed.

I could kneel down and thank Mary the mother of Jesus right now, I knew if anything really bad should have happened to that child, nick would have lost it and I would never be able to forgive myself.

Her cries brought me out of my thought, she had just fallen face flat on the floor, I rushed to her and picked her up as she wailed in almost agony from the impact.

"Don't just stand there you morons, help me get her to a shower". Peter and Michael were frozen on a spot with a pained expression like they were having a flash back but my speech seems to pull them out though.

Michael quickly grabbed the baby from my arms and took off in the closest bathroom as peter and I followed.

"No! Don't do her like you did me, fill the tub half way". I stopped Michael as he was about to repeat what he did to me last night.

Peter quickly turned on the tap and when it was halfway, I dipped my hand in it.

"It so cold, heat it up a little bit". I demanded as I began to take off her clothes, I looked to the two boy beside me and told them to turn around and they immediately complied.

"The colder the better". Michael replied and tried to put her in it but I grabbed her from his arms and began to shush her.

"Why are you always so unreasonable". Michael asked

"You were not the one put in cold water yesterday and besides she is my family". Being soaked in cold water while being drunk feels like being poked with forks all over your body.

"It's warm enough". Peter said and I depth my finger in it before placing the little girl down slowly, her cries slowly turned to sobs as I bathed her.

"Towel". I collected one from peters shoulder and wrapped the girl up.

I took her up the stairs as she wound her arms tightly around my neck.

I smiled as I remember my times in the foster home, those kids did look up to me and they were my favorite things on earth. Miley and I didn't have much of an intimacy because I was scared of her getting hurt because of me, just like now. Kids in the foster home did get hurt a lot because of me but to them over there, getting hurt was nothing.

Drying the kid up I could see the damage the fall had done to her, a purple and black ball had swollen on her forehead.

I wore her, her favorite pajamas even though it wasn't night and then I put her to bed, peter then rubbed a cooling balm on her forehead.

"auty har." She called with her tiny voice.

"yeah sweetie".

"I wantu talk to my daddy".

Panic rose up in my throat when I thought of what nick and the rest of my brothers would do when they sees everything that happened.

"Harley, im home!". Nick voice called from downstairs

Speak of the devil