Chapter Seven

~ I'm trying to write at least one chapter a day. Also, this story is probably going to be a lot longer. I wasn't committed to Marriage Before Graduation when I started writing it but it got unexpectedly popular so I'm doing my best to make this one better. Hope you enjoy!~

We settled on the couch, and I felt nervous. Even after spending the entire day with him, I still felt a little awkward. I leaned my head into his shoulder as I yawned.

"You can go lay in my bed and try to sleep."

I shook my head. "I'm okay. I just want to be close to you." Feeling the warmth from his body made me feel so comfortable. It was like I suddenly had relief from an ache I'd always felt but never noticed.

"I can lay with you until you fall asleep, if you want."

I wasn't sure what to do, so I nodded.

"Come on." He stood and pulled me to my feet.

I followed him to his room, silently asking myself, what the hell am I getting myself into?

He laid on the bed, and pushed himself to one side. He patted the other side of the bed.

I couldn't tell why, but I trusted him. I was going to have to, anyway. I was going to make him my husband in less than forty-eight hours. I slipped into the bed carefully and smiled at him. "I'm sorry I'm so tired suddenly."

"It's okay, really. It tells me you're comfortable with me, and I want you to be."

I rolled over so my head was on his chest and I could hear his heartbeat. "I am comfortable. It's strange, but it feels right. My dad must've done a good job," I teased.

He chuckled at my joke, and stroked my long hair. "I think he did. Like you said, as long as we work together, we can figure things out as we go."

I nodded, squeezing his waist. "I'm falling asleep."

"You're mumbling, sweetheart. I don't know what you're saying, but it's okay. Just go to sleep." He kissed the top of my head, and I felt myself drifting into a world of dreams.

~

I felt like I was falling, so I reached for Owen but I couldn't find him. I whimpered, because I couldn't yet recall how to speak. When my hand found warmth, I let out a soft moan of relief, and pulled at his shirt.

"You don't want me to leave?" he whispered.

"Wha? Why? Don't go," I creaked out.

"Okay. Okay. I'm not leaving." His arms went around me, and I relaxed immediately.

~

I groaned as I stretched my body, and noticed an arm draped across my ribs. I rolled to look at him, and saw his eyes already open.

Owen checked his watch and said, "It's nine o'clock. Is there anything you need to do today?"

"Probably tons of things. I need to get my nails done. I need to get waxed. I don't know if I can finish everything today, but tomorrow I'll have to have my hair and makeup done so I won't have time for anything else."

"Sounds like you're going to be very busy. Is there anything you want me to do today? I know I need to shave my face."

"Is your outfit clean and pressed?"

"Yes, ma'am," he answered.

I giggled, and smiled. "I don't think there's anything you really need to do, so whatever you need to do. You'll either have to drive me back to my dad's so he can drive me around, or be my chauffeur for the day."