-19-

Just forget.

The statement proved to be the best and worst advice I've ever given. If life turns its back on you, make everything shit and absolutely horrible, just forget. Life goes on and you can't dwell on one thing for the rest of your life.

That's why I have another best friend, one that's not even a living creature. I don't converse with it often, especially after all the stupid things I did, but it helps me release stress and forget about my problems. May I introduce you to alcohol.

Don't judge. I know you drink.

It was one of those days where Seulgi stops being a complete bitch and actually act like a friend. She had asked me earlier to join her and two other girls, Hanna and Chaeyoung for a night out. And me being... Well, me, I said yes. Because when stressed, do not enter apartment. It'll make you wallow on life and be absolutely, mortifyingly pathetic.

I sat right beside Seulgi, facing the two other girls on a table just a few seats away from the bartender. The bar, like every other Friday night, was buzzing with people. The clink and clanks of beer bottles filled the room, and the alcoholic smell polluted the air. Puffs of smoke curled from strangers' mouths as they breathed in a destructive substance called cigarettes. If drinking is destructive then smoking is basically slow suicide.

"Are you going to just sit there and do nothing?"

I turned my head towards my right. Seulgi smiled at me, waving a bottle of soju in front of my face.

"It's a night out, you know. It's a rule to get drunk." She pushed the bottle to my hand, forcing me to drink it. I stared at it for a good second, before pressing the tip of the bottle to my lips. The coldness of the glass grazed my skin and the liquid burned my throat, but not too much that it hurts.

Seulgi laughed and drank her own share of soju. She sighed, her eyes tired from the amount of work she did. "It's been a tiring week, hasn't it?"

I chuckled. "Kind of ironic coming from you."

"Oh, shut up." I raised an eyebrow at her as she rolled her eyes. "I know. I'm sorry. It's just that... Life is hard." She sighed once more, and turned to me, her eyes lighting up as she did. "What about you? You've been smiling non stop."

"I have not."

My phone buzzed. Wheein's text filled my screen, offering to meet up in Daegu for my job two weeks ahead.

Seulgi nudged my arm, smirking. "You have. You've been smiling at your phone a lot. Is it a guy?"

Hanna's head jerked up from her phone when she heard Seulgi's words and Chaeyoung stopped staring at the band.

I scowled at them. "No."

Seulgi nodded, her smirk growing wider. "I believe you," she said. "But then again I've been looking over your shoulder all this time and if my eyes don't fail me, it really is a guy."

Chaeyoung leaned forward, eyes now wide. I know they're eager to know, but considering the seniority that exists in the press, they held their tongue.

I shook my head in disbelief. "I can't believe you've been peeking —"

"Observing," Seulgi corrected.

"— At my phone." I lifted it up, waving it on her face. "This is privacy. If you've noticed."

"But you're not denying it," Hanna's voice made me look at her. She pursed her lips, trying to hide her smile, because I'm pretty sure I look like I'm ready to murder someone.

Because she is right.

Seulgi put her arms around me. "Come on, Byul. Tell us already."

I pushed her hand away, scowling at her. If it wasn't for this pretty little lady I wouldn't be in this situation. And even if she is such a nice woman she's still very insufferable sometimes. Now, for example. I regret joining this very important occasion.