5.

~5~

     QUITE SHOCKINGLY JOSHUA HAD LISTENED to what I said and stopped texting me. I didn't think he would actually listen this time, but I guess miracles do come true. I mean I felt a little bad for treating him like I did; I've never treated anyone that bad, but in order to get Joshua to see that I was done with him I had to be that way. Plus it was kind of annoying that he was acting like overly an protective boyfriend trying to find out who his girlfriend was cheating on him with. I still couldn't believe that he had accused me of "seeing someone else" even though we weren't even dating. And if I was dating someone else, why was it his business?

It was as if the whole world thought I was dating someone or needed to date someone. My friends, mainly Courtney, were still trying to get me and Joshua back together, but ever since the weekend I haven't talked to him. It was almost as if this weekend hadn't even happened, but hey; less drama and a whole lot more normalcy.

Another school week had gone by, and it was a little odd how things had gone back to normal after the gas station robbery. It was almost as if that night was just a dream, a dream that felt incredibly real. The conversation I had with Jesse seemed real, the sound of the man's cries seemed real, just that whole night seemed real.

Another thing that made that night seem like it never happened was the fact that I never saw Jesse, the cashier guy, or the three other masked men, not that I knew what they looked like anyway. But the fact that I had never seen Jesse before in my life was quite strange to me. I've never seen him around which clearly proved that he either wasn't in high school or he didn't attend my high school. I mean he looked young, but I guess he didn't look young enough to be a senior in high school.

I didn't know what my problem was but every time I went somewhere such as the gas station or the store, I always found myself looking around for a certain curly blonde hair and blue eyed boy. I mean he was at least a foot taller than me so how could you miss him?

"Bunny, what are you looking around for?" I once heard Courtney say to me when we stopped at the gas station after school.

I looked back at her in confusion before trying to come up with an answer to her question. "Nothing, I thought I heard something."

It was the worse lie I had to have come up with, but it got Courtney off my back. I couldn't have her getting suspicious because then I would have to tell her all about the robbery and I just was not ready to talk about it. I mean why was I looking for Jesse anyways? What was I going to do when or if I ever saw him again? Would I scream at him, ask him what he did with cashier guy, or run away as fast as my legs could take me? 

Those were the questions I was asking myself all throughout the week and they were turning me into a nervous wreck. My friends even started to notice how bent out of shape I had become, but they never asked about it until Friday afternoon after school.

"You know, I've started to notice that only Ms. Washington gives out homework on weekends," Kaitlin says as we make our way to my kitchen. The house was silent, and the only thing you could hear were our bags being placed on the kitchen island, Courtney grabbing three glass cups out the cabinet, and me pulling a jug of orange juice out the refrigerator.

"Cheers to surviving another week of high school," Kaitlin says before we all lift our cups up before bringing our lips to the glass. After drinking about half of my cup I sit it down on the counter before taking a seat next to it.

"So what are the plans for this weekend?" Courtney asks as she takes a seat on a stool.

Kaitlin looks like she's in thought while I just sit there resting my head on my fists. Finally Kaitlin looks at the both of us before raising an eyebrow at me. "Well first we need to figure out why Bunny here has been so...lost lately."