I.

y/n sighed heavily, watching as the rain continues to pour relentlessly. she had been wandering the streets of seoul for three weeks now, waiting for the tiniest hint of her soulmate.

she had been searching for her soulmate since she had reached 16 and finally gotten the sense. y/n knew that most people didn't meet their soulmate until they were in their mid-twenties, but she thought she might be different.

y/n had worked several jobs until she could fund this trip and now, two days from turning 21, she found herself in south korea. seoul had been calling her name ever since she got her sense, but she was starting to think it was faulty.

lost in her own thoughts, y/n didn't realise how fast the cars were speeding by, until one had gotten too close for comfort. the passing car's tyre had driven straight into the puddle centimeters away from y/n, completely drenching her.

this day was getting shitter by the second and y/n bit back a sob. she gave up, sitting on the wet pavement to rest her feets, it's not as if it made a difference to her state considering she was soaked to the bone.

a thought struck her mind and she quickly checked her pocket for her phone. y/n had been keeping it in there in an attempt to keep it dry, but that was useless now because the damn thing wouldn't turn on.

y/n was miserable, she was in the middle of a foreign city and getting soggier by the second, not featuring a dead phone. the uber should still pick her up even if the signal was lost, right?

wrong.

y/n had been sat on the pavement for what must have been the better part of an hour before she realised that it was not coming. she had two options, sit there and cry about the injustice of the universe, or get off her ass and try and make her way back to her hotel.

as tempting as the first option seemed, y/n got up and started walking back in the direction she came. y/n wasn't sure if it was the rain, or the lateness of the night, but the streets were almost completely deserted.

she wasn't scared, it was stupid of her not to be terrified, but right now she was more frustrated than anything. so, when she bumped shoulder with someone, y/n didn't bother apologising, instead she carried on walking.

at least until someone grabbed the back of her hoodie, dragging her back by the hood. y/n twisted around in the grip so she could face the asshole who grabbed her.

assholes... there were a group of several men leering down at her and her night had gotten even worse.

"aren't you going to apologise then punk?"

despite y/n's sane mind begging her to just apologise and run, she laughed in the man's face.

"why don't you apologise to me first? it's not my fault you and your boytoys are taking up the whole pavement."

the man's face turned as red as the warning signs flashing in her mind.

"what did you just say?"

y/n clearly had a death wish, because a stupid comeback had left her lips before she had thought it through.

"looks like you're deaf as well as an asshole, i sai-"

y/n didn't get a chance to finish her sentence as a random stranger interrupted her little standoff with this random thug.

"she said she's sorry and won't do it again."

y/n turned to look at this stranger who had come to her rescue. she wanted to argue with his words but there was something in his aura that said he wasn't to be messed with.

despite her earlier mouthing off, y/n really didn't have a death wish. she had yet to meet her soulmate after all.

"you and me both know that's not what she said jay."

the stranger stepped closer, and swung his arm over the man's shoulder, giving y/n a better view of his face. she fought the urge to drop her mouth open in shock, because quite frankly he was gorgeous.

"i know that min, but is she really worth breaking your parole over?"

the thug of a man sighed, letting go of y/n's hoodie with a shove that had her tumbling to the floor. however, y/n couldn't find herself caring because she was captived by the easy smile this jay person gave the man.

the man and his thugs walked away, jay's bright smile bidding them farewell. as cheesy as it was bound to sound, jay's smile was like the sun breaking from the cover of clouds in it's intensity and it wasn't even directed at her!

jay turned around, squatting as he did so, until he was eye-level with y/n. he seemed to drinking in the sight of her.

his eyes travelling from her converses, up the length of her thighs, past the soaked hoodie that clung traitorously to her chest, until he met her eyes

his eyes travelling from her converses, up the length of her thighs, past the soaked hoodie that clung traitorously to her chest, until he met her eyes. both of them gasped as their eyes met and colour began to paint their vision.

"you're my soulmate.""you're my soulmate."