Chapter 4

It was officially your first day and you couldn't be more excited to finally get started. You woke up that morning with so much excitement that it completely laced over the fact you got no sleep the night before.

You got dressed in the code that your boss had explained, put on your makeup and stood looking in the mirror. You pulled your hair up in your hands then let it down before putting it back up again before you finally said "No, just leave it down y/n."

Before walking off, you stared in the mirror for one more second before exploding in excitement like a child at their birthday party. You collected yourself again before grabbing your keys and purse. You walked out of your apartment and turned to lock the door, closing this door and ready to open the new door in your life you had been waiting years for.

————

You drove to the building your boss had told you to and entered in the bottom doors. As you went to get in the elevator you called to hold the doors. A tall man reached his arm out to stop the closing doors. His floppy brown hair shifted as he lurched forward. As you got closer to the elevator, you locked eyes with his creamy brown ones. You smiled as a simple thank you and stopped in the spot beside him. "What floor are you headed to?"

Your head shot up, that voice sounds familiar? No, you're just connecting things that shouldn't be. Spencers voice has been the only person you've heard in a long time, you were probably hearing things. "Uh, 4," you said chopped and quickly, still trying to convince yourself this wasn't the mystery voice.

"That's where i'm headed actually!" he said as he looked at you with a smile.

You smiled back as your mind ran in circles. Before you knew it, the elevator stopped. He held the door and said "ladies first."

You smiled once more and walked out. Looking at your phone and back up at him, "Hey, do you know where I can find... Hotchner?"

As soon as you opened your mouth, his eyes shot up to meet yours. "Um, yeah... right there." He pointed to an office across the way and up a small set of stairs. You nodded to him as a thank you and headed that way. As you began to walk you heard a new voice say, "Pretty Boy, who's your new lady friend?"

I kept my head straight, walking with an end location in mind. I over heard that same voice I could swear I knew say, "I don't know actually. I didn't ask her name. Do you know it? I feel like I know her but I have no clue who she is?"

As the new voice began to answer, I approached the office with the name plate Hotchner on the door. I knocked lightly on the door before I heard a stern, "come in".

I opened the door to a not so kind face, the type you would assume to be the boss. You could just tell he had seen things.

"Uh, Hello. My name is y/n y/l/n and today is my first day..?"

"Ahh, yes! I'm Aaron Hotchner. I'm so sorry about pushing back your start date, after I read your file I decided it would be best you didn't accompany us on that specific case as your first. It think I would have just hit... too close."

That sounded a lot like the case Spence was talking about yesterday, the one that ignited a flame that you had put out years before. No, he said he was in criminal justice, not the BAU. There was no chance.

"It's okay, i'm just glad to be here!"

"We are happy to have you, go ahead and sit down, I will explain everything you will do as the Media Liaison."

————

After a hefty conversation with Hotchner, he gave you a rundown of the team, including a member named Spencer. Just a coincidence, right? It could have been any of them, not the one from the elevator this morning.

He walked out of his office and had you follow. He walked you into the centre of the "bullpen" as they called it. He approached the tables surrounding the man with that familiar floppy brown hair. As he looked up, he pushed the strand that fell in front of his face up to match the others. That was a bit seductive, don't ya think?

Hotchner stopped between his table and 3 others. He introduced you to everyone around you, starting with SSA Dereck Morgan, then SSA Emily Prentiss, SSA Jennifer Jeruau, SSA David Rossi, and ending on Dr. Spencer Reid.

Dr... okay. No, we were focused on the fact.
Like the fact that Hotchner introduced him as the "genius" of the group with a high IQ. He cut him off to add that it was "187, actually. The eidetic memory helps." An eidetic memory? Of course he has one.

No! Focus! Of course he had to be Spencer, but maybe that didn't bother you as much as you thought. A 6'1" man with and IQ of 187 and an eidetic memory didn't sound that bad after all... but no, you had to work together. He didn't know, right?

Hotchner introduced you to the team as SSA  y/n y/l/n and you couldn't help but lock to Spencers face. It was almost if because my name was different, the voice was just a coincidence.  With my name not connecting to B, he could only go off the voice but I had this feeling in my stomach. There were way too many coincidences for me. The case, the name, the voice...

As your mind began wondering it got cut short by a very bubbly woman walking in with a very short and sad look on her face. She stopped in front of us and let out a sigh. "We've got a case."

The whole team shared a couple of looks before heading up the same stairs I had only hours earlier. Spencer was the last one behind you. He laid a hand on your shoulder and said, "Well, y/n. Welcome to the team."