Chapter 9

A/N- This chapter is a huge turning point in the story but please be aware, it deals with gun violence which may upset some! Also, this chapter switches between point of views a couple times. It's pretty obvious who's point of view it is but the change is divided by lines (———-). Also, it switches to Spencer's point of view at points and I want to say I wrote it as if it was him, not you in his shoes (his part uses I, me, my, not you, yours). Its also the same way for the other switch, so when you read it as you, its Y/N but I is a different character. I really hope you enjoy this part as we're nearing the end...

————-

You put both your hands up and began backing up. You knew if you shut the door, he could shoot right through it, and he had enough bullets that he would hit you eventually. Your only choice was to talk him down. You weren't a profiler, but you spent enough time around one to know how to talk your way out of the situation.

"Hey, I don't know what you want but lets talk about it. Put the gun down and we can talk it out," you could feel your heart racing in your chest. Where was Spence now? You needed him to 'protect you' and he wasn't here.

"You know what the hell I want."

"Sir, I'm.... I'm actually not sure. Ha- have we met before?" You tried to sound strong but it was hard with a gun to your head.

"Huh, have we met?" he was yelling now, audibly angry. You just hoped it was loud enough for Spencer to hear. "Of course we've met, Brooklyn."

Your heart sank. How did he know that name? Only your mom and dad knew. Only the woman he killed and the man who killed her knew that name.

Oh no.

—————

As soon as I began to walk back over to her apartment, I started hearing noises. It sounded like another voice, and he didn't sound happy.

As I walked out of my apartment, I saw her apartment door open and could overhear the conversation inside.

"Of course we've met, Brooklyn."

Brooklyn? Who the hell was Brooklyn? And why was he calling you that. Wait, B...? Brooklyn?

"Dad? What... what are you doing here? You were in the house with mom. The house was- the house was on fire," it was B's voice. She was so upset. Who was this man? He was supposed to be dead? How did she know that? What happened to her mom?

"What do you think i'm doing here? Last time didn't go how I'd hoped, you brother and you both survived. How the hell did you survive that Brookie? You had 6 stab wounds, six of them! You weren't even breathing, yet here you are. And so was your brother, at least he was."

This man knew Y/N had 6 wounds. It took her months to even tell me. Had he done this to her? And went after your brother?

"What the hell did you do to him?"

Come on B, don't aggravate him. From the sound of her voice, I could tell she was staring down the barrel of something.

"Oh, I got him a couple days ago. Did they not call you? Huh, they must have never changed his emergency contacts after I 'died'." He was taunting her.

If this man had hurt her brother, that meant he would hurt her in a heartbeat. I had to do something. I told her I would protect her, now here's my chance.

I reached for my gun, only to realize it's setting on her hallway table.

I could either stand here and watch the love of my life get killed, or I could risk my life to save hers. I knew I wasn't going to let her get hurt so I slipped around the corner as quietly as I could so only she saw me.