Chapter 7

You woke up the next morning to the familiar sound of the alarms you had to set, but you couldn't help but notice the man who was so peacefully draped over you.

He was still in the same place. His arm was still wrapped around you holding your hand against your stomach, his head was still pushed into the crook of your neck and his legs were still intertwined with yours. As you felt him begin to stir, you rolled over to face him.

"Good morning, sleepy head," you said as you pushed a strand of his hair out of his eyes.

He slowly opened his eyes to see you with a smile plastered across his face. He almost looked surprised at first, like he wasn't used to girls sticking around. "Good morning, gorgeous. How did you sleep?"

"Much better knowing you were right there to protect me the whole time." You smiled and leaned in to kiss him. You were so happy to be where you were. Feeling his arms around you and the warmth of his body so close to yours.

Of course, the third alarm you had set interrupted your moment. You leaned over to shut it off as you stood up. You stretched your arms up, the sweatshirt pulling up to expose your stomach and the fact you never put shorts back on. You saw the smile grow on his face as he stared at you. "You know, I could get used to this."

"What?" you said with genuine confusion.

"Waking up next to the prettiest girl in the world, getting to see her in MY sweatshirt, and then getting to spend every minute if the day with her."

You leaned over so that your now standing body could match his laying one. "Well, you can get used to it all you want but we gotta go. You know serial killers don't like to sleep."

He chuckled before we both heard a knock on the door. "Pretty boy, Y/N, we gotta go. They got a break in the case last night. Cars leaving in 15," Morgan informed us from the other side of the door.

"See I told you." You began getting dressed, hooking your bra, jumping into your pants, when a soft and warm body appeared behind you. He wrapped his arms around you and looked at you through the mirror in front of him. "I think you should go to work just like this. In my sweatshirt."

You turned around to give him a playful slap and yelled at him, "Go get dressed! We have 10 minutes!"

"Thats enough time," he said raising an eyebrow.

"No," you said sternly but still playful. You were still new. You still had to build the teams trust so you couldn't be late. As you finished the end of the simple word, you saw Spence shift back to the person you were used to. He didn't want to do anything you didn't want to so he backed off quite quickly.

"I didn't mean it like that, Spence. I'm just still the newbie. I can't be late. Plus, they would know somethings up," You said as you began pulling off his sweatshirt. As you turned around to face the mirror and not Spence, grabbing a work shirt and began buttoning. You could feel his eyes burning into your back as you dug through the bag. Burning into the 2 scars you left out of last night's conversation.

You saw him building up that wall again. You feared it was because of what you said or the fact you didn't tell him about them.

"Do... Do you not want the team to know?" He sounded genuinely upset, like he had been ready to tell the whole world yet you didn't want to tell a soul.

You could tell you really hit a nerve. You walked over to him. He was sitting on the edge of the bed, not even looking at you anymore. You straddled him with your legs and lifted his eyes to yours.

"Of course they can know. I just didn't want them butting in and ruining the one good thing I have. You know how Morgan is, and JJ and Emily. And oh my god, Penelope won't let me breathe without telling her something."

You could still feel the wall between you, even thought he had rested his hands on your hips and seemed to understand what you were saying. You thought you calmed the situation until you heard him clear his throat. "Why didn't you say anything about the ones on your back?"

You felt the nerves shifting in your body as you rocked back and forth uncomfortably. You didn't know what to say. "Umm, you didn't.... ask?"

"Would you have shown me if I had?"

You looked in his eyes. He was truly concerned that you wouldn't have trusted him enough to show him. You knew now that you would have, but last night you were just scared of his reaction to the front ones, let alone the back ones.

You stood up. You pulled your shirt you had just finished buttoning off. You touched the mark you could always still feel the pain in.

"This one is the first one, it hurt the most." You turned around, "This is the exit wound from that same one". You turned back to look at him. "This was the next one, and that point I had displaced myself and couldn't feel it anymore. This was the next one, then this one, then this one. During those two I was talking to my mom. She told me it was okay to go. The last one was this one," you turned around, "and it exited right here." You pointed to the second scar on your back. As you turned back around you finally said, "At that point I listened to my mom. I stopped breathing and he thought I was dead, so he left me there... in a pool of my own blood."

You had tried to stay strong the whole time, to not let a tear mess up the makeup you threw on minutes earlier, but you felt one slip. He stood up to meet you, wrapping both arms around you. "Oh my god, Y/N, no wonder you didn't want to tell me... i'm not gonna pry but if you do want to tell me anything else, i'm here."

"Thank you," you whispered back at him while staring into his eyes. You saw that same need to protect you.

"I will tell you everything, eventually, for now, we just have to be in the car..." you looked at your watch, "two minutes ago."

He gave you a quick kiss before joining you in your frantic race to get ready to go. It was only about a minute but you did finally get enough clothes on and your bags that you could go. You left the room laughing with each other about how you physically ran into Spencer just 30 seconds earlier whilst looking for the phone you had in your hand. As you got into the hallway, you saw Emily standing a couple doors down. You both haulted your laughs and looked at each other.

"Good, I was just coming to get you too, we gotta go," Emily said calmly. She just thought you were sharing a laugh with a coworker, right?

As she rounded the corner you looked back at Spence. You both broke out laughing again. He grabbed your hips and pulled you closer to him. "I've missed that laugh of your, B. I barely get to hear it anymore."

You smiled and began pulling away when you caught Emily coming back around the corner. You pretended to fall like he was catching you in hopes she wouldn't think anything of it. She just shook her head and said, "Come on guys, now. You're five minutes late and Hotch is going to tear you to pieces."