44

"Let me finish. I really like you Mani. I have for a long time. So I'm laying it all out and asking you if you will go out with me. Give me a real chance." He steps even closer to me in my personal space. The smell of his aftershave makes me want to hurl.

"Josh, I'm sorry to tell you, that I only like you as a friend. And even if I was single, I would still only like you as a friend." I try telling him, taking a step back. He's never made me feel this uncomfortable before.

"Oh, come on Mani." He snaps at me. "You have been teasing me since freshman year. I know you want this. Trust me, I can make you very happy."

He grabs my arms and his face is closing in on me.

"Josh . NO!" I yell. Trying my best to push him away, and fight away from him. But his grip becomes even tighter around me. "Get off of me!" I yell again.

"You know you want it. Stop fighting, bitch." he grits out.

"I think the lady said no." I look up and see Sammy pull Josh away from me.

"Nobody asked you man!" Josh grunts as Sammy pushes him up against the wall. I start walking backwards into the deli as Lani and Ally come out. Lani wraps her arms around me.

"Are you ok?"

I nod, but my adrenaline is still pumping, that I can't answer.

"It'll be ok Mani." Ally tells me. "We we're coming out to get you, when you started panicking, but thank god, for the big guy." She points over to Sammy.

"You saw?" I whisper

"The whole restaurant saw. What a pig!" Ally spits. "I always thought there was something off with him. He was going around telling people he was your boyfriend. Everyone knew better though."

Josh is struggling against Sammy hold. "Get off me you giant ox!"

"Should we call the cops?"

What would that do?

But, as the thought enters my mind, two police officers come up. Sammy drops Josh from his hold, while he explains what happens.

The lady officer starts asking me questions, and takes a pictures of my arms, that have nice bruises in the shapes of hand prints on them now.

I decide to press charges. Everyone around thought I should, so I agreed. Josh is then arrested and will be charged with 4th degree assault. But since Josh is Juvenile his charges will more then likely be a slap on the wrist.