upper half's last part

Mid

"I'm sorry, I can't now," I answered Architect Sevilla, our head architect. "I'm gonna head out. I'll be right back."

"But—"

I ignored Architect Sevilla and got out. He was probably thinking I was a spoiled son of my mom, abusing every right I had since I was the company owner's son. But I was doing my work well when in the office. I just had to go out for a while.

After texting Arisse that I was on my way to pick her up, I drove. I'd pick her up now from her OJT and would drive her to her work afterward. I didn't want to be late in picking her up so I got off work an hour before her out. I'd rather wait for her out front of the building where she was having an OJT than to be late and have her wait for me.

I couldn't risk that.

As much as I could, I had to give all the comfort of life to Arisse. She was suffering too much already. She was in a tight spot now and the least I could do for her was to stand by her and do things for her that she sometimes refuses.

I had to take care of her.

She was away from her family and no one was here to watch after her. Hell, she herself wouldn't even take care of herself. When Tito Arthur got sick and his condition worsened, Arisse lost motivation and a purpose. She was just surviving each day—barely living.

Because she didn't want to be here in Manila anymore. She wanted to go home.

I understood but a part of me was selfish. I wanted her here. That was why I'd do everything for her. Even if it would affect all aspects of my life, I'd put her on top of my priority.

To: Arisse Zacarias
I'm outside, love.

I was five minutes early before her out so I waited outside my car. I watched the door of the building and my mind flew to Arisse again. I wonder if she had enough sleep last night. Last time, she broke down in front of me. And I never felt that pain ever as I watched her pour her heart out.

My baby was damn exhausted. Her body was near to giving out which I wouldn't even be surprised since she was sleep-deprived, got paler, and lost weight.

I checked up on her to make sure she was really okay—like what she was claiming but I hate to admit it, sometimes—or often—I was doubting it.

My thoughts were interrupted as my phone vibrated for a call. It was Mom. Architect Sevilla might have informed her about my leaving the company in the middle of office hours. Again.

I didn't answer the call and continued waiting. I'd be back so she shouldn't have to be worried. I just had to attend to Arisse first. If I wouldn't, she would surely commute on the way to her work and do things all by herself.

After we fought before our third anniversary, Arisse never asked me for a favor again. I'd just volunteer and she was sometimes hesitant to accept. I even caught her one time coming home to Pampanga alone. I was fucking worried, then.