Vengeance and Regrets

Layla Dali Maranda is quite used to hiding her emotions. Maybe it was her own fault anyway for she fed people with the thought that she doesn't fear anything. She can do whatever she pleases as long as she puts her mind to it.

Other people think she's bulletproof, armed with rationality and reasoning. But not for Theron Julius Qazvin, because he managed to notice her emotional and vulnerable sides. Somehow, being friends with him means something more to Dali.

One moment when she almost had a breakdown, alone staring at the vast ocean. . . she unexpectedly found a dead body of a girl her age---limp, cold, and shredded with blood---a lone tear even shone at a corner of the girl's eye.

Dali's knees wobbled, she immediately felt pity. Yet it was then overpowered with fear; especially when that same girl she saw dead on the rocks, peeks through her window just as she arrived home.

•••

special thanks to @oaxygenknight for the beautiful cover!

-----

This is a work of fiction.

Names, characters, places, and events are fictitious unless otherwise it is stated. Any resemblance to the real person living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental. Plagiarism is a crime. No part of this story may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, without the prior permission of the author.