"Nice to meet you"

I sat on my bed, the cold room sending shivers through my body, I stared at the freezing tile floor, the only thing that could be heard was my warm breath, I haven't gone outside in a while hopefully I don't scare the tiny children again, I don't want to be scolded by their owners, I stand up and walk downstairs, it smelt like wet paint, I love that smell, that's why I keep paint out so it can burn my nostrils. I walk over to my door, I turn the knob and walk out, the blue sky was hidden by gray clouds, I look around and take in the humid air, I felt something hit my leg, I look down. A ball, it was orange with a tad bit of dirt on it, I pick it up and dust the dirt off, I look across from me to see children, they had fear written all over there faces, I hold out my arms with the ball in my hands. The kids ran away, they left the ball, why are they afraid of me? is it my messy hair? is it the crack in my glasses? is it my height? what is it? I throw the ball into my yard next to all the other balls that the children lost. 

I turned to go back in my house when I heard the most beautiful voice in the whole world, "um excuse me?", A woman said, I twist my body to see the woman, she had raven black hair and gorgeous blue eyes, she was wearing a black long sleeve shirt and ripped jeans, "hello I'm Nathalie, I just moved next door to you, I was wondering where is the bakery?", Nathalie asked, her deep voice was like music to my ears, "h-hello, I'm Gabriel and uh the bakery is that way", I said pointing to the right of me, "thank you and It was nice to meet you", Nathalie said with a pretty smile and walked off. Someone talked to me and not only were they friendly they were gorgeous, my heart skipped a few beats just thinking about her pretty smile.

I ran into my apartment and cheered, I went upstairs and grabbed my camera, I needed a picture of her, I looked out my window, perfect, she was leaving the bakery, I hold up my camera and snap a few pictures, I giddily stamped my feet, I was overjoyed that I had gotten some pictures of her pretty face, I took the Polaroid pictures and hung them up across from my bed, so when I'm about to go to bed I can stare at her all I want. She was just so pretty, I can't even explain how beautiful she was, "Nathalie", I said, her voice was so fun to say, I kept repeating it over and over again, then I had an amazing idea, I walked over to the bucket of black paint, it was black just like her hair, I took the paint brush and walked to an empty space on my wall and wrote the name of that angel, "Nathalie", I kept going, writing it continuously until my hand ached. I sat on my bed admiring my work, something was missing though, I look at the right side of my bed, she was missing, I could perfectly imagine her body laying in my bed, we would snuggle up to each other and talk for hours. Oh how I wanted that, how I needed it, I need her, it's like my life would have no meaning without her. I go over to one of my windows and look out of it, I smiled once I realized her bedroom window was across from mine, I watched her make her bed and munch on a macaroon, I knew the look of that macaroon to well, it was a raspberry one. She must like them, I grabbed my notebook and wrote down the flavor, I looked back up to see she was looking at me, she waved, I smiled and waved back. She walked away leaving me alone, I put my hand on the window, I wanted her to came back, I was over whelmed with loneliness, I hated that feeling, it reminded me of mommy and daddy, how they would leave me alone in the house in the dark, every little sound that house made scared me, at least I don't have to worry about that anymore. 

Later that night, I laid in my bed, I wonder how she sleeps, does she sleep on her right side? left side? or maybe she sleeps on her back, or her belly. Those questions ate away at my skin, I just wanted to know, I couldn't fall asleep, all I could think about was her, if only I could touch her, be close to her. Then another question popped into my bed, does she have a boyfriend? my blood boiled thinking of that, she's mine and only mine, no one can have her, NO ONE! I took a few breaths and calmed down. It's okay, I have already claimed her as my own so I don't have to worry, I closed my eyes and drifted off into dream land.

The next morning I got up and walked downstairs, I opened my cabinet and took out my red velvet cake, it was my favorite treat, I didn't care if it wasn't breakfast food. I looked at the empty chair next to me, I can just picture Nathalie in that chair, we would be eating cake together, I would feed her some of mine and she would feed me some of hers. I smiled at the thought of it, she was just such a unique individual, no one like I have ever met before, if she was nice to me that means she's nice to anyone, how could you not like her, she's pretty, friendly, did I say pretty? I couldn't stop thinking of her, then I had an idea that could bring us closer. I grabbed some paper and a pen, but what would I write? maybe something sweet or maybe something romantic wait I know exactly what to write.