two

Jahara Begum had rushed to her brother's house immediately. He lived a good two hours away.
Furqaan drove his mama and Baba to his Mamu's place. Rayyan stayed back with his wife and kids. They were all devastated at such horrific news.

She had one neice. Aamaal.

She was now the sole survivor of the Raazdaani family. Her entire world was wiped out by a car crash in the blink of an eye. Her mama, baba and older brother. They were returning from umrah today. She hadn't accompanied them due to her exams. She was finally done with it and was eagerly awaiting their arrival. But they only came back in body bags. Ya Allah! She was all alone now. Who would she turn to?

Jahara Begum gathered the little girl in her arms. She was her only hope in this cruel world. Not wanting to throw her to the wolves, she decided to take her home with them.

Some social delinquents who were also known as their relatives started questioning her decision. The only Raazdaani heir was a hot commodity and everyone wanted to cash in on the opportunity. Jahara Begum couldn't let that happen.

She then deliberated on a resolution. One that would only prove to be life changing, in more ways than one.
There were to be trials and tribulations and some irreversible damages. But that was all part of Allah's greater plan.

A moulvi was summoned and Furqaan and Aamaal were bound in the holy bond of matrimony. The Qubool Hai sealed them together for life.

Aamaal was lifeless. Her family's graves were still fresh and here she was marrying someone. Someone 10 years her elder. Her Phupho said it was for her protection. After her parents, she trusted only her Phupho. She wouldn't just leave her alone. She knew that.

Furqaan was feeling uneasy as well. He didn't even spare her a glance. He wished her Nikaah Mubarak and fled from the room. She didn't ponder over that. She had just lost her family and also gained another one within a single day.

Jahara Begum instructed the caretakers of the Raazdaani Haweli about the upkeep of the estate. She would come back in a week with her husband to settle the legal formalities.

Everything would go to Aamaal. She would make sure that there is no foul play involved in it. Her neice is the aakhri nishaani of her beloved Bhai and Bhabhi.

Furqaan drove back in silence. Who knew that he would go to mourn his Mamu and his family, and come back married. That too to a little 18 year old girl. She was looking so lost. He hated himself for taking advantage of her situation. She shouldn't have been forced to marry him.

But his parents were right. The world would have eaten her alive. His name provides her with physical and financial security. Not that she would ever need his money. Her family was quite well off, not quite Hamdaani rich but still more than most.

They reached home at nearly midnight. Duaa and Rayyan were waiting for them. Jahara Begum had called them up and informed about the urgency of the situation. It was a bitter sweet moment.

Duaa hugged the girl to her heart and Aamaal broke down. It was all too much to take in at once. She led them to the dining room and  served a light meal. They hadn't had anything since breakfast.

The poor girl was starving. The events leading up to this moment were heartbreaking, but ironically this was the first meal after the Nikaah. It was her Shaadi ka Khana.

Jahara Begum asked Duaa to accompany Aamaal to Furqaan's bedroom, while she had a talk with her youngest son.

Furqaan followed his parents and older brother to the study. His parents had an apologetic look on their faces.They hadn't even asked him before declaring that he would marry his cousin.

"We're so sorry beta. But it had to be done. Aamaal is very young and gullible. The society wouldn't have let her live in peace. We couldn't bring her to our house without a formal relationship. She was of marriageable age, they would question her character. Please forgive us baby." His mother pleaded.

He never wanted to make them feel ashamed. They are his parents. They had every right to make decisions on his behalf.

He just sighed and hugged them both.
" I know mama, I know. I was angry but I understand."
This put their hearts at ease and they finally retired for the day.

Rayyan followed Furqaan and took him aside.
" She's a little girl. Naive in the ways of the world. You have to become her strength. Be gentle with her. I know you have been harshly pushed together, but it is all Allah's plan. Give this marriage your everything. Don't let her down."
Furqaan could only nod at his big brother.  Satisfied with that he just patted his back and left to search for Duaa.

Furqaan entered his dimly lit room and saw the silhouette of his wife standing by the window. Her silken hair were spread out on her back and her shoulders her shaking.
Covered with a maroon shawl and clad in a white jora, she looked like a fairy. A hoor. . She was a dainty little thing. Sensing his presence, she turned around, wiping her tears.

He couldn't take her heartbroken face anymore, and engulfed her in his arms. She broke down for the umpteenth time today.

"It's okay little one. I'm right here. You're not alone in this. Hum sab hai tumhare liye. Main hoon yaha tumhare liye. Let's pray first." Furqaan murmured in her ears. She was his responsibility now. Forced or not, they were in this together for life.

They prayed two rakaah nawfil, with him leading the prayer. He made dua for peace to return in their lives. He prayed for her happiness. Later they sat beside each other at the foot of the bed.

Aamaal looked up into his eyes. Her hazel clashing with his grey. She looked so tiny, almost elfin like. The innocence and trust in her eyes was his undoing and he couldn't help himself. He leaned down and took her lips in his. She was so pliable that she instantly melted against him at his gentle touch.

Sensing no resistance from her he furthered his advances and took her to bed. She clung to him like he is her last hope of survival.

They spent the night away in reckless and abandoned passion.
The next day would bring new challenges, but right now, all that mattered was dousing their flame of desire.