four

It has been more than a month since Aamaal had lost her family. More than a month since she got married to Furqaan and more than a month since she had met him.
After That night, she never saw him. Not even a glimpse of his shadow. He vanished from her life it seems.

Her Phupho told her that he had to urgently leave for Kuwait owing to some problems at their new construction site. Kuwait is a developed country, they have advanced technology there. He could have at least called home. Called her. Once. Even if it was just for a fleeting second.

She had garnered her strength from his presence that fateful day. He had assured her he would be there for her. Jhute vaadey!

He didn't have a physical presence in her life but he has been pulling the strings of every aspect of her existence.

A few days later when she and Phupho along with Rayyan Bhai had visited her family estate, Furqaan had sent his lawyer with them. He made sure that she obtained everything that her father had amassed. Not a single penny went to the blood sucking leeches that were there on the fake pretence of care and love.

His lawyer explained that going forward, all her assets were to be encompassed by his. That would secure her finances and protect her from any litigation that may arise in future. Her family lawyer seconded that opinion.

She didn't understand all the money talks and she was sure she wouldn't be duped. She actually didn't care about the monetary compensation in lieu of her family. She needed her mama baba her Bhai and she needs Furqaan.

A week after that, his lawyer again asked for an informal meeting with her. She said yes but in the presence of her family. She had accepted her fate and embraced her Phupho's family as her own. The second her Phupho had engulfed her in a hug to shield her from everyone, she knew she was home.

The lawyer informed her of the spending account, a charity account and a savings account that Furqaan had set up for her.
He gave her three credit cards, a cheque book, some travellers cheques, a few bonds that would go back to Furqaan's safe and gave her an ID card for her new University. She was to continue her courses just like she did before but in a Uni closer to home.

All that overwhelmed her and she could only nod in understanding. Duaa sat beside her giving her the unasked support that she needed. Her life was transforming and she wasn't sure she knew what was supposed to be done about it.

That was a month ago. She had then started her new semester in a new place. She hardly ever talked with anyone. Her focus was to graduate with honours and make her Baba proud. At home she spent her time with Phupho, Duaa bhabhi and Faiqa bhabhi.

Two days after she had settled in, Azaan Bhai and Faiqa bhabhi had returned from their trip.The kids were enamored with her, they were a godsend!

Eshal had staked a claim over her time and even demanded to sleep with her. All the kids barring Shahveer sometimes slept over in their Qaan chachu's room. Shahveer was too little to be independent.

The odd nights that they didn't, she felt the loneliness creep in; just like tonight. She missed her parents. Her brother. But most importantly she missed her husband.

Her family didn't choose to leave her. Her husband did. Despite promising otherwise, he had abandoned her.

She had a house full of people to call her own, but the one link that bound her to this family was weakening. Didn't he care for her anymore?

That was her last thought before she was hit with a severe bout of nausea. She rushed to the ensuite and just barely made it in time before she threw up her dinner. There was a sharp pain in her abdomen and she started seeing black spots before her eyes.

She slowly made it out of her room before shouting for help. Faiqa who was up for feeding Shahveer, heard her faint cry for help. She woke Azaan up and on her way there called Rayyan and Duaa as well.

Seeing her limp body lying in a pool of her own blood froze Faiqa. She had never seen something so terrifying. Duaa was next. They both stood there stupefied.

It was Rayyan and Azaan who immediately went into action. Rayyan picked her up in his arms and Azaan ran to get the car out front.

Duaa followed them and told Faiqa to stay back and look after the kids and their parents. Faiqa nodded in agreement.
She then went to inform her mother in law. It was freaking three in the morning. Oh Allah please help them in this difficult time.

Jahara Begum immediately sat down to pray and Mubarak Hussain started calling Furqaan. That boy has proven extremely irresponsible in terms of his marital life.

The call went through after multiple attempts and he finally caught a hold of his youngest son. He ordered him to come back home that instant not even giving him time to reply. It was time to take matters in his hands. This madness has gone on long enough.