3

:・゚☆ THE MOTEL ROOM FELL  into silence at Devina's convincing words

:・゚☆ THE MOTEL ROOM FELL  into silence at Devina's convincing words. She didn't know what else to say - she just hoped that what she said would spare her a couple of minutes - or however much longer she had to be around him.

"You see her too?" Richard was dazed - he had no idea that somebody else saw the brunette woman that he did... and he didn't know how to feel about that. Somebody believed him. It felt like a weight had lifted from his shoulders.

"Yes, yes I do," She continued to lie - she had heard enough of his thoughts to hear the things the woman had said to him. He was a tortured soul, with many desperate thoughts - and Devina could read them just by looking at his face. "You're not crazy. You're not crazy like everyone thinks you are. It's just her. It's her telling you those things. She tells me those things too."

All the tension in his face fell, and a relieved smile spread across his features; it seemed to light up his entire face and glimmer in his eyes like sunlight on water. Devina had been taught to never lie - but this lie was in order to live. There was no way she was going to trust her life with a killer, who had murdered a woman only meters away from her.

He was unstable. And it wasn't his fault - it was hers, the woman in his head that was screwing with his mind, and making him do things that, hopefully, Richard Gecko wouldn't usually do.

"So you believe me?"

"Yes." Devina nodded and smiled tightly. "Yes, Richie, I believe you-"

Before she could even finish what she was going to say, Richard was in front of her and wrapped his arms around her shoulders, pulling her close and Devina gasped and she was unsure of what to say or what to do - she seemed to sink her smaller figure into the warmth of his side and bit back her tears. Despite the heaviness inside her, it seemed to melt away at the close proximity between the two of them, everything suddenly felt warm. Like a fire had started around them.

"I need to sit down..." She whispered after a moment, and Devina wondered if he would ever let her go, his grip was strong and certain. He breathed out a muffled reply into her hair and slowly but surely let her go. She swerved around him without a look and marched past the bedroom and into the living room, taking her original seat on the couch.

She had no idea how she had held her lie for so long, especially whilst looking straight into his eyes. Devina had never been able to do that before - not even with her mother or her brother, maybe there was a first for everything - especially in situations like this.

Richard didn't say another word to her - he kept his distance; she heard the water running in the bathroom as he washed the blood from his hands and Devina continued to cringe at the thought of what he did, mere minutes ago - before he had the audacity to hold her so close.