4

:・゚☆ DEVINA WATCHED THE WORLD  pass by her in a colorful, abstract blur

:・゚☆ DEVINA WATCHED THE WORLD pass by her in a colorful, abstract blur. For once, she wasn't thinking of anything - just listening close to the vibrations against the side of her face (which was pressed against the cold window) and the quiet voice of Richard, talking to the siblings in the back of the RV.

Somebody tapped her shoulder. "Daydreaming about unicorns and puppies, Princess?"

She rolled her eyes. "Close. Not close enough, though." They had been on the road for what felt like 20 minutes, but maybe it was more. "So you got what you wanted?"

Seth didn't look confused at her words. He knew what she was talking about. "You guys really are unstoppable, aren't you?"

"Yeah, of course we are." He looked amused. Really, Devina had no idea how either of them were still alive - or at least not sitting in a cell right now.

Then Richard stumbled out of the bathroom, almost like he'd been pushed, and slammed the door shut, startling Devina. "Hey, Richie, park it somewhere, would ya?" Seth said across to him. "It's gonna be smooth sailing from here."

Richard didn't even answer him, just sat back down opposite Kate and Scott.

Devina looked back at Seth. "You should get your arm cleaned up," She finalized, before she brushed past him and sauntered towards the back of the RV. Seth watched her go, and the ghost of his smile didn't waver.

Devina took a seat opposite Richie. The fresh air had seemed to wake her up a little bit and she awkwardly sat there with her hands in her lap. Richie looked across to her, then back to the boy, whom his gun favored.

"Uhm, excuse me-"

"Scott, don't talk!" Kate interrupted, sitting rigidly beside her brother.

"I'm just gonna tell him not to point that gun at us," He continued. "We hit a bump, it could go off."

"It won't go off."

"That's a Taurys 9 millimeter, 17 shot capacity magazine. And a hair-trigger." Devina's eyes widened at the boy's knowledge. She had to admit, he knew what he was talking about. Hopefully, his loud mouth wouldn't get him hurt.

Richie grinned at him and didn't move a muscle. "So Bruce Lee does know his guns." He noted.

"I'm just saying we could hit a bump or a pot-hole or something," Devina's eyes were jumping back and forth from Scott to Richie.

"Maybe I don't care if we hit a pothole. Maybe, I'm hoping we hit 17 potholes," He leaned closer to the boy, his gun so steadily pointed at him. "so I can empty this entire mag into that smart-ass mug of yours. You ever consider that, Tokyo-Drift?"

"That was harsh," Devina scolded, giving Richie a scowl. "C'mon, he's just a kid."

Devina knew that he didn't care what he said to anyone - why would he? But she couldn't help but speak. The two of them were shaken up that their vacation had turned into this, surely Richie didn't have to terrorize them with a gun in their faces.