reminiscing on the past

Betty's pov

I turn around and pull Fangs and Toni with me, towards the exit where we meet the rest of the gang. As soon as we walk out , Cheryl runs over to Toni giving her a kiss.

"TT are you okay"?!

"Yes Cher I'm okay" Toni reassures her.

I turn towards Fangs as he looks at me with admiration and confusion on his face, I furrow my brows at him and walk towards Jughead. He stops pacing and walks towards me, us meeting in the middle.

"Are you okay"? He asks me, slightly concerned.

"yeah, you"?

"I'm fine,just pissed that they got past my guards" he forces though clenched teeth.

"Hey" I put my hand on his arm "dont worry about it, no body was hurt"

He just huffs in annoyance and walks towards his other members, talking to them.

I walk back towards Toni and Fangs, noticing that Cheryl has left to go somewhere else. They notice my presence and immediately stare at me again.

I cross my arms;

"Why do you keep staring at me"?

They both stay quiet until Toni finally speaks up,

"Betty, what happened in there, it's like you became a completely different person, it was scary"

"Yeah it was, what do you mean 'you know what I'm capable of'"?

"That doesn't matter okay"

"YES IT DOES" they both yell.

"Shut up okay, nobody needs to know what happened in there"

"Bett-" Toni starts.

"No, Toni; nobody can know what happened in there because they will all pester me to talk about my past. I cant do that. Not yet"

"Betty, I get it okay we all have tough pasts. But Jugheads gonna find out"

I turn my head to look at Jughead and see that hes looking at something.

"No he wont Toni"

"Sorry betty but it's too late" Fangs speaks up.

"What do you me-"

I hear harsh footsteps heading my way, and before my eyes, Jughead stands there with no emotion behind his eyes.

"Betty. I just watched the CCTV and.."he pauses" Why the fuck did you stand in front of someone with a fucking gun and piss them off. Are you insane"?!

I stay silent until hes finished his rant about how 'stupid' I was.

"Yes Jughead I know it was stupid but he wouldn't have shot me" I reply calmly.

"You dont know that" he continues

"Yes I do" I start to see the memories flooding in my mind making tears form in my eyes, I bite my tongue to stop them from falling.

"No you don't bet-"

"You dont know shit if you think he'd shoot me Jughead. You know nothing about me or my past. So fuck off thinking you know everything because you dont. Okay. You dont know why he wouldn't shoot me, you just think hes a mad man with a gun; which is true but, You. Dont. Know. Shit" I snap at him feeling like a weight has been lifted of my shoulders.

It was so silent you could hear a pin drop. I scoff and walk off but not before saying,

"And dont bother trying to find out everything about me, all you will find is innocent Betty cooper, it's all fake, I'm smarter then you think. Nothing is on file." I smirk to myself and I continue walking away.

I feel them staring at me the whole time, making me feel all giddy inside, knowing that they are suspicious. They're more predictable than I thought.

It's not the person behind the letter they need to figure out.

Its me.

And it's not gonna be easy.